Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
:D We have been to the Club Astreria in Belek and its brilliant didnt like Belek itself nothing to do in resort but hotel is great read the reviews :D
hi paul belek hasn't much in the way of shopping :cry: but not far away is Side which is super. :lol: You are also well placed to visit Perge ancient greek city conquered by Alexandra the Great :shock: ..Aspendos an ancient roman theatre :) where music festivals are still held in june and july...the acousitics are fantastic its a huge place tremendous.
there's a gold centre on the road up to it with a lo.t of gold shops.. Driving shouldn't be a problem the main road from Belek to Side, (shops :wink: )Manavgat (water falls and...shops!!)and Alanya(where i live) is mostly dual carriage way now.
Alanya is worth a visit its beautiful clean big and modern with limitless shopping.!!(which is why i live here!! :wink: )
Antalya is of course the biggest city but i wouldn't drive through it without knowing it well. Aqualand park is where you can see dolphins perform..to swim with them costs last year it was about 34pounds. have a good time :D
Thanks for your reply...

My wife is looking forward to visiting the gold shops.

Looking at the reviews on here there is so much fake designer goods available. Can you tell me the best place to shop for these.
Thankyou
I am going to Asteria in a week. So I'll post hotel review after that.
In my wifes opinion turkish gold is too yellow. But designers fakes are good enough (but not watches)
Roman
Thankyou,

Have a great time.. i look forward to reading your review.
:lol:
i am also staying in that hotel from 5th July be good to hear more reviews
We are going to Club Asteria next week, party of 8, all ages. we have been to the Kaya Belek on same stretch of beach and that was great so will let you know what the Asteria is like. Kadryie village was the place to go but have heard they are modernising it so probably will spoil it now. Best place for bargains is Side.
Went to this hotel complex in July 03, great for kids ( 15,17,10,5 ) and the 6 adults that we went with, mostly europeans, Germans, Italians, Dutch and a few eastern europreans + russians and turkish, plently of food, sometimes too much and drink machines all over the place to help your self, very laid back complex however the kids were very safe with guards patrol the beach and the complex to stop other people coming in.
Oerall great holiday
:P we went to belek last year.......the beaches are fantastic but everything is hotel based. i am a shopper holic and went to all the local markets on the dolmus for hardley any money. don't get taxis if you can help it, the buses stop outside all the hotels- havent seen yours from the inside but stopped outside it on the dolmus and it looks lovely
hope you have a lovely hol
jmiller
Just got back from Club Asteria last night. The complex is great, very beautiful and very clean. Jewelery shop on site :!: Try the free turkish bath.
Food wonderful and very fresh.
Kadriye has been spoilt with modernisation, all the shops are the same, nothing much in Belek either. The hotel has a small market on Thursday evenings which is quite good fun.
I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I hope you do too
Hello
thats good news about the hotel then, whats the weather like at the moment there?
I go 5th July So expecting it to be V hot!
We went to Asteria last year and the hotel is great. Large pool with one end where the daily games are held and shallow for the kids and a quiet pool through the gardens right on the beach, with a bar so you dont need to move far. This bar becomes the disco at night. There is plenty of shade in the gardens, with lots of beds and mattresses for the pool and gardens. I had an accident first day of hol and landed in the hospital and in a wheelchair - no woriies on that score the hospital is modern and efficient and the hotel runs courtesy transport back and forwards - didnt see any of the local area because of this, so will have to go back one day. The Turkish night is good with local stalls in for the night, giving you a chance to barter and camels for the kids (fully grown ones as well). The Al La Carte restraunts are good, you just have to pre-book. Also mossies are no problem, they spray the wholes area and rooms and I didn't see one the whole time I was there and I usually get really bitten. There is music every night in the main outside bar area and some kind of show in the amphitheatre, if the entertainment team are as enthusiastic this year, you will have a great time, Barish, Nero, Ali were lovely, and the waiters are so friendly. There were lots of different nationalities and there were quite a lot of Russians, but although the brits were the minority the others were a good mix, this year in Bodrum the Russians were at least 60% and it was not so good. The small shops had everything we needed locally, so we didn't miss not being able to get about. My Daughter and her partner went on 2 local outings, quad biking which they said was the best day out ever and also paintballing which was arranged from the hotel. There is an inside entertainment theatre which they set up to show the England footies matches on satalite, so if anything is going on while you are away, you won't miss it. Have a great time.
Hi all. Thinking of booking here for june this year, " adults and 2 children (9 & 11). Had really good price £1770 for AI. Read the reviews, noted they are a bit mixed, but what people seem to be complaining about is mainly the noise (butlins abroad) which you seem to get in a lot of AI hotels, and rude Germans, which you can get anywhere, I'm sure most are very friendly anyway.
The main thing attracting us apart from the price is the slides for the kids and separate bedrooms for the kids as well, nice to have a bit of privacy.
Does anyone have any views on this place. Any help in making my mind up is appreciated.
Hi not been to this hotel but been to sun zeynep in belek three times , the beach is brilliant ,spoke to lots of folk who stayed at your hotel and everyone said it was great , nearest town is kadrea, (varios spelling ) busses stop outside all hotels , costs pennies , if you want to go on any trips, go to kadrea ,and go to a small tour operators called lets go travel next to the roman bar and you will get trips to all the major surrounding areas and ancient sites for a mear. enjoy fraction what your travel agents charge , i am not kidding , markets in kadrea i think on tuesday ,and in belek on saturday ,have to get taxi to belek ,but if you barter you will get it for about 7 quid return ,they drop you off at maybe a clothes shop or jewelers in the hope you will buy something , you dont have to , the shop owner will phone for your taxi to come and get you again
Next to the Sun Zeynep is going to be called Kadria Beach. It is going to have six bars restaurants,shops and other amenities. There was only one bar open when we were there in November but the area had well lit walkways and grassed areas at the back of the beach it will be really nice when its finished which they said would be April. Reading the local newspaper it is a consortium along with the village who are putting loads of money to open the area up to those not staying AI or wanting a change.
Margaret
Hi im am thinking of booking the Asteria club for june 2007, but the only thing that puts me off is the apatment dont look very nice inside. If any one has been recently could you let me know what they are like,thanks
Hi Kazlin, we are also going to book for june, have you looked on there website at apartments, didnt think they looked to bad, more concerned about the fact that we arent all stuck in one room. The rest of the hotel appears to make up for basic rooms. Do you have kids by the way.
Hi gill mag,yes i have two children. I am thinking of booking lara beach as the rooms look better than the asteria.The only thing is the asteria complex itself looks more pleasent. Hopefuly i will make my mind up soon before the prices go up more! :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.