Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi cherrie, are you sure about Side, dont have any idea cos we didnt visit it, but the only towns roundabout we were told to visit were Kadriye and Belek, Kadriye being closest. Took about 10/15mins to get to Kadriye on dolmus, if you wanted to go to belek you then had to get a bus from there, or take a taxi straight from hotel. Side was never mentioned, definitely couldnt get a bus there from hotel. Thought belek was further than that from side. The hotel definitely caters well for children now, there is activities on all day. Maybe its changed in last couple of years.
:D Hello

Club Asteria in Belek as always catered for children we went in 2002 and it was fantastic then and reading reviews its even better still.

When we went there was nothing at all outside the hotel you had to get a bus from hotel to nearest town.

In a earlier post a REP had put on there is restaurant and shops right outside hotel we did not see any off them at all.

In hotel itself there was a jewelry shop a sweet tobacco shop a leather shop etc but this was all inside the hotel not outside.

You will have a brilliant time at this hotel we did and Ive always recommended it to others and on return have all said thanks it was brilliant.

We do intend to return one day but like to explore diff parts off Turkey but we will return to Club Asteria it is one fantastic hotel. :D
As I understand it Side is about an hour from Belek. When we were there

in Nov you could get a bus from outside hotel. Also a bus to Alanya -

about 2 hours away.

Denny
Has anyone been recently??? Reading reviews on the hotels I was considering were all pretty much the same, so I opted for the this hotel as it was coming out the cheapest, but now Im worried. A fair few gripes about being over run with Russians and Germans. I dont mind this too much but was hoping the kids would make a load of friends and Im worried they wont make any now!!
Noods

If you are worried why don't you change it to the hemera even though it was coming out more, if you get the right person explain it to them and say you have a young child and the kids club and the kids will mainly be russian and german and child will be left out. Its worth try and it will put your mind at rest.
Hi,
We have just booked to go in July. We need to arrange airport transfer. Is it possible to get hotel to pick you up, we want quick transfer. We did this with the Turquoise in Side. Any idea of prices? Also interested in area around hotel. Any up to date info appreciated.
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.