Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think thomsons have the new blocks in the Portebello
first choice have rooms in both blocks the newr block is brochured as delux rooms the standards rooms are in blocks f and j but these are aslso the areas tey have been working on so would properly sugest checking out th reviews from this summer when they ome in. but in truth if not refurbed j and f block then upgrade cause f block in particular is not that nice at all. sorry had to be honest i know these rooms ans th many problems had in them.
:D Hi Tomak thanks i went to travel agents yesterday and asked to be put into new block they have requested it but said it cant be guarenteed so i will wait see what reviews come on here this summer thanks for your help. Im in Marmaris is Oct staying at Pineta so im going to have a good look around the Portabello then Thanks Marion x :D
we are going in 7 weeks! will let you know what its like, have heard mixed reveiws too but still looking forward to it
celine2002uk

can you not pay the supplement t upgrade to a deluxe rom, hen you will be i he newer block. well worth the money.
i'm going to portobello on 23rd may can't wait let you know what it's like when i get back
I stayed at Portobello in August 2004, and can honestly say I had the best holiday in Turkey, ever. But only after I was moved from F block to the brand new block. You can upgrade once you arrive (i was £10 per night) but only if available. New block has all mod cons, t.v., toaster, breville toastie machine etc. They are overall more comfortable, clean and luxurious. But on the same hand, how long do you actually spend in your apartment? most of your time you will be sleeping!!
But again I was not prepared to spend 2 weeks in any of the first choice apartments-they don't even have an electric kettle!
I have written a full review and there are several others to read too-check them out but don't panic. The Thomson block is slighlty better than first choice but still not a patch on the new block which I believe is not Thomsons or First choice, but the hotels only. contracts may have changed since last year but there were alot of Turks from North Turkey who were all in new block.
going next week! long time coming! does anyone know if they have kettles in the apartments?dont want to take mine if they have,thanks
got back from portobello yesterday,we booked with thomson(skytours) .we were put in the old block, very basic kitchen just 2 electric rings. the beds were alright.we were on the top floor so we had a great big balcony and the sun was on it all day.the rooms had sloping ceilings and if you were tall you would bang your head.our room was b23.as soon as we got there so many were called forward and the rest of us had to go to another reception on the other side of the complex,but what they dont tell you is by the side of reception there is a lift ,they carry some of your bags (you carry the rest )down about twenty stairsoutside and across the complex.they say the lift is for the germans.enjoyed hols .poolside very slippery a lot of people had to have stiches,sometimes go to hospital for x-rays aswell costs alot of money so if you go be very carefull.the man to fall before we came home had to go to hospital on a stretcher had x-rays and 7 stitches,he was only walking around the pool to the shop.then the hospital sent him back to the hotel with no shoes on and on foot,lucky it's only about 3 streets away
we booked with cosmos this year and were put it block d which used to be called class apartment,which under any circumstances wasnt class,we are awaiting a reply to our complaint ,as we had to be moved 3 times because of unsafe and inferior rooms,the complex itself is great,cosmos have now stopped sending their customers to this complex,using the excuse it been overbooked,but its because the rooms are poor at best,we have booked for next year with portland direct which is a sister company of thomson,booked a 2 bedroom apartment in the new block for the same money as we paid for a 1 bed in class apartments,so before you book please try to be sure you are in new block which has fridge freezer,kettle ,toaster satelite tv ensuite etc everything you could want as i said the complex is excellent for all ages with many pools,slides and plenty going on during the day to keep you occupied
Hello!
I just wanted to know if anyone has been to the Portobello Apartments in Marmaris as I'm going there next May! I can't wait, it looks really nice there and we booked it through Thomsons!

Thankyou very much!
Nicky 8)
if you booked a 2bedroom apartment you are safe as houses blinding rooms ,1 bedroom apartments are 50/50 whether you get a good one or a bad one fingers crossed you get a good one ,the place itself is good ,plenty going on during the day,entertainment at night is hit and miss but plenty or places a short walk away to enjoy yourself,hope this helps good luck
Hi all

Were of to the Portabello end of June for 2wks and i read somewhere that they where knocking down the old apartments and building new

Has this work been done?

6wks 6days and counting :D :D

regards

ed :D :glynis
I dont want to alarm you,but I have read on here that First Choice have pulled out of the Portabello Apartments.It might be worth while phoning them,thats if you are going with them,and find out whats going on.
Here's the link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=72228&highlight=portabello
hi m8

no weve booked with thomson so hopefully should be ok

Ive seen good and bad reports about the portabello but hey i dont intend on spending much time in my apartment

Would be nice though if they have pulled all the old blocks down and replaced with new

Were going to enjoy ourselfs whatever been saving to long not too

regards

• Edited by edthered 2006-05-09 18:08:11
hi ed are you staying in a 1 or 2 bed with thomson?
hi Flash

weve only booked a 1bed apartment didnt realise until after we had booked they had 2 bed, But like i said were not to bothered aslong as the beds are clean.

I see you have stopped here before is it far to the waterfront where all the bars are ?

Wheres the best place to watch the footy if England are still in it when we get there we arrive on the 26th June

regards

to be honest mate there was no footy when we went there last year,but rugby was on and a few places had it on, being as its world cup i think there will be a few places,the portobello has a massive outdoor screen ,but dont know whether they will have it on there as entertainment is usually on,well 16 of us going on the 23rd so if you see a group of us come and say hello and have a beer with us,the 1 beds are hit or miss,some were very good others not quite so good but on the whole it shouldnt spoil your stay as lots going on and great for kids
sorry ed no only a 5 minute walk to the beach full of bars and eateries stop at the riana for a meal on the was down the front its only 100 yards from portobello and they put on a great show at night aswell a lovely food
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.