Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Coach transfers
26 Posts
Ovacik is near to Hisaronu so I would guess about 1 and half hours transfer time by coach, this is because of drop offs etc, so maybe even add a little more than that!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course if you decided to go DIY it would knock a good half hour off your journey.

There will be lots of advice on good taxis to hire, should you decide to give the coach a miss.

Have a brilliant holiday

Trifle "B"
Thanks Triflebum,
one and a half hours is not that bad, hopefully with the Grenland being at the nearest end of Ovacick to Dalaman we might be one of the first dropped off.Do you know if we can just book a transfer ourselves( at our cost) and give the coach a miss or do Thomas Cook frown on this?

Alan :think
Hiya

just check your invoice.....if the cost of the transfer was included in your package, then take it, if, however,you prefer to take the cost on the chin as it were, as long as you inform the operator you have decided to go it alone, then no worries.....

Just for gawds sake let them know, otherwise the coach passengers will be waiting for you and yours to turn up, and could be sitting there a long time.Inform the reps at the airport too, just in case the info didn't get thru, then they can inform the driver of the coach.

I know after the flight, you just want to get where you are going, but weigh the costs up, ask for a couple of taxi estimates, and see if it's worth your while, half an hour off your journey may not be worth a high cost to yourself.....more cashola for the kids to spend.

Trifle "B"
I never take the coach transfers any more to Hisaronu. I get fed up waiting for the other passengers to be dropped off and Hisaronu is right on the end of the route. I had one coach transfer that took over two hours! I get a taxi now and that takes about an hour. Worth EVERY penny.
we rarely take the coach tranfers either purely because they take so blooming long!! And of course the obligatory stop off at the most expensive services ever!!!!

we have just booked our tranfer this year with Dalaman Transfers - only cost us £80 return to Marmaris!!

x
I totally agree with Triflebum - please, please tell the reps at the airport if you are not taking the transfer coach. We sat for ages last time waiting for no-shows who presumably took a taxi.
Coach transfers are a nightmare we landed at 1 am last year at dalaman and was going to marmaris we got to our apartments at 4.30 am we were the last to be dropped off,never again :yikes
Thanks everyone for the information, we are torn between spending £70/90 on a taxi transfer or getting on the coach with the other passengers, i know the coach will take a little while longer to arrive at the hotel in Ovackik compared with a taxi, the problem is how long will the coach sit outside Dalaman Airport waiting for other flights to arrive and how many drop offs are there between Dalaman and Ovackik.
Do you think it is worth e-mailing the hotel to ask for an upstairs room( we asked Thomas Cook Travel for this when we booked ) as there is nothing more disturbing than people returning to their rooms late at night with noisy shoes on, i know that your requests when booking cannot be guaranteed but do not know wether customers requests are passed on to the hotel?

Thanks Alan :thanks
Hiya Alan

Well, I think you would probably be better hiring your own transport, at least that way you will be ahead of the crowds, and you can be first to the front of the queue for a better room.. I know Thomas Cook say they put in your requests for quieter rooms etc, but I always think it is better to request yourselves anyway........so send the hotel an e mail, and when you arrive prompt them again.

I know exactly what you mean about waiting on the coach for other passengers, we almost lost the will to live in September, we were waiting for 50 minutes on the coach for 2 passengers whose flight had been delayed...............everyone went into Norman Bates mode................lol

I think you have made your mind up anyway.....just needed a little convincing eh?

e mail address is http://www.hotelgreenland.com/ press translate icon, it is a very slow web site, but it is very detailed, and is helpful too.

Fax number 90 252 616 7361

Let us all know, and take care.

Trifle x :sun2
RE booking a room. The Greenland room only go up about 3 storeys unless your are in the new extensions. Theres not a huge amount of noise as people are exhausted from the hike up the hill to their rooms! I stayed here in 2008 and its a lovely place. We were at the opening party night for the luxury extension and they are amazing. Enjoyed our holiday, great food, location and close enough to Olu and Hisaronu to get some livlier entertainment. We had a minibus transfer and it took about 1 hour 15 mins to get there and we were first off.
Thanks everbody for the helpfull replies, have decided to bite the bullet and book a taxi transfer.We should beat the coach by an hour if not by several hours.Triflebum i tried the web address you supplied for the hotel but my computer did not accept it , is there something missing of the end of dot.com? for a site in Turkey.

Regards
Alan :bow
Alan,

for some strange reason the stupid link is not working.........probably me giving the wrong details, I will re check kiddo,

Glad you sorted though, I will get back asap
Have just googled http://www.hotelgreenland.com and the page opened up.............weird or what?

So try it that way, still a slow site though............lol
Dear Triflebum
Tried e-mailing the Greenland Hotel but my computer said " the e-mail address is not correct" so i went on to the official Greenland website and tried to send them a message but in full screen mode the message panels would not accept anything, tried in normal screen, can type message but cannot see the other boxes that require my name and e-mail address. have decided to abandon this project for now, have a glass of wine and watch the football! :
alan

rage
hi mobile fitter
glad you are bitting the bullet as you are going in april i should not be busy because like me alot of places dont open until the first week of may so it should be nice and uncongested
just ask the rep at the airport how many drops you have and ask how long i think 1 1/2 hrs is about right for that time of the year
so with your saving of £80.00 think how many effes you can have
regards
john
:sun2
Thanks maverick57uk.aka John
the thing is i bet if you ask most of the holiday reps at the airport how long before the coach leaves for the resort not many will be honest enough to tell the truth, i only speak from experience! As our flight does not land till 20.40 hours, add on another hour to clear visa control, sercuity and then baggage re-claim, that means we will not get on the coach till 21.40 add on another two hours ( most taxis quote one hour 15/30 ) so arrive at the hotel at nearly midnight.I know the difference could be as little 45 mins. but could be anything from 1 to 3 hours meaning that by the time other guests arrive via the coach journy we should be unpacked and chilling out at the bar.As for the cost well we are going all inclusive so all we have to do is enjoy ourselves and put the taxi fare down to a plus on the holiday overall.

Regards Alan :cheers
Thanks for reply maverick57uk, i noticed there was e-mail address underneath your message which i viewed, are you based in Turkey? or do just rent out your holiday home

Regards
Alan :hols
i rent it alan but im still there alot, can't seem to get enough even after nearly 20 years :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.