General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Coach Transfers
5 Posts
Margaret
don't worry about the hotel not allowing you to check in! :D Many people go DIY these days and never go near a rep.
Re the coach- best thing to do is to find the rep at the airport and tell him/her that you no longer need the coach.
we hardly ever go by transfer with the company.. we just can't be doing at crawling round every hotel en route to ours ( and we just know ours would be the last drop off!) so we always sort ourselves out. We tell the rep at the airport and they have no problem with it. It always works out good for us as we are usually at the hotel, have checked in and are at the bar chillin' by the time those that went on the coach arrive. As for coming back, we tell the hotel reception or find the rep a couple of days before we leave and again they are fine about it..
We usually ask the rep at the airport whether the transfer coach is going direct to our resort or doing a few others first. If it is not direct we use a taxi, and have been at the hotel sometimes an hour ahead of the coach.

Having said that, the last time we used a taxi we told the rep we were going by taxi but she forgot to tell the rep on the coach. They waited half an hour looking for us!! Like Val and Rob, no matter where we go on holiday ours is always the last drop off point. :)

Andy.
Thanks for your answers. You can see by the time I posted I was starting to panic.
Margaret
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.