Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
coco beach
23 Posts
i absolutley HATE that beach, im sorry, but although the waters a lot calmer than other beaches, its disgusting.
Theres lots of oil in the sea, when i last went in i came out and it looked like i had loads of black hairs all over my body, but then when i wiped it off i could tell it was oil.
Also, a woman who we met at our hotel came with us to coco beach for the day and her white bikini wasnt white after she went in to water.
Coco beach ,never again had a snake wrapped around
my ankle :yuck :yuck
Ann
:yikes
how did that happen Ann?
Fiona there are lots of snakes at the far end of the beach,
the fishermen bring them in with nets and just leave them,
would never go there again,and there is so much oil in the sea
from the boats that do the Dolphin Tours.
Forgot to mention they chop the heads from lots of the snakes.
YUK
Ann
I think I'll give it a miss then! :lol:
Don,t blame you Fiona,would never go again
Ann
The snakes are dead - they're no going to bite you- pretty much every beach is littered with them on occasion. Coco beach is disgusting - I have never been able to see the appeal that some others find in it. I relate it to sunbathing by, and swimming in the Mersey - you just wouldn't do it !
Never been to Coco Beach, and dont fancy it, cos of all the bad reports ive heard about it. There are many other nice beaches to choose from rather than that one.
But snakes, dead or alive, and with heads or without heads :yikes :omg Not for me !!!!
Coco beach was a pleasant enough beach completly spoilt by the oily wate and not bothered by waves or currents
Another beach that has a similar problem is that where the Cidade de Goa is situated, just around the corner from Dona Paula I believe. Whilst nosing around there we ventured on to their beach and were appalled at the seashore and seas condition. We then wandered up and decided to cool off in their pool only to be harrassed for 200 rupees for the pleasure - needless to say we didn't pay, we had paid 100rupees over the odds for a couple of beers That is another horrid place meant for people who just want to be fawned over by waiters and not be bothered about local customs or people - they could be anywhere in the world... they don't realise what they are missing do they?
Coco beach. Disgusting although I have heard people rave about it.

It's well known that those who can't afford the costs in disposing of their 'slurry' tanks legally dump the contents in the Nerul.

A few years ago it was OK but the last time I was swimming their the water to me looked polluted with effluent..... not nice!
philingoa-- says it got washed away at the weekend :)
i agree with everything said about coco beach. trouble is the taxi drivers will still encourage people to go there, because the get a rake off from the beach shack owners. which obviously will affect people new to Goa!!!
So be friendly and spread the word to the new people.
BOB :yuck :yuck :omg
It's a shame to spoil the shack owners living but I'm kind of glad that this has been blotted off the map. At least the fishermen can still use it no doubt.

When you look at the number of big ships that go up the river and also the fact that Panjim is only across the water you do wonder where all the crap is dumped and where it's going to get washed up.

As I said before, 5 or more years ago it was a lot cleaner but now I wouldn't paddle in the water.
We went to Coco Beach and it was lovely, the water was clear no oil, rubbish or fish heads and there were people swimming, however we went early November so maybe it depends on what time of year you go there?
We went to this beach twice in January 06, once by choice and once with Johns Boat trips for a BBQ. We weren't impressed as it was quite narrow and the water pretty murky. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
My husband and friend were fishing at Coco beach when a man came along and asked our friend if he wanted a woman. Our friends wife was only a little further along the beach. That was it - our friend was not happy to say the least and we more or less came straight back to our resort.
Coco beach it is then !!!! :o Only joking, heard so many negative reports over the years, there are so many better options, and as said earlier the taxi drivers who invite you there are receiving backhanders. :evil:
I'm glad that some people have agreed with me about the state of this overrated beach. I don't know if it was coincidence but I got very ill after a day there (food or sea??). The sea water looked very dodgy indeed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.