Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
we are arriving tues 2nd may. will be in 1 of these hotels but not sure which til we arrive. from the reviews and comments i've read they are thomson freestyle ( their version of 18-30). is this so? are we going to be surrounded by young uns? i hope they have a good time but we're in our 40's and like to be tucked up by 2am!!! they all look ok they from the vids and pics i've seen
You should be OK in May. The real season for the 18-30`s crowd starts later in the summer July August etc.
Are the facilities in the room all of a good standard? is the toaster ok? how about the hairdryer? my boyfriend has told me to pack light, like any woman can, so i remember readin that they supply hairdryers but then remembered sum hairdryers abroad are not as good as ur own....any help is grateful!! xx
Is the toaster ok - well it makes toast OK, can't have toaster and kettle plugged in at same time as only one socket, well in our apt anyway. I found the hairdryer to be fine, but I have short hair and it just needs a blast, but it was fine really.
Someone posted a query asking what the 2 bed apts were like, I'm thinking of travelling in Oct 07 but need a 2bed apt. Could anyone let me know what they are like, are they big, is the sofa comfotable which side are they on sunny/pool etc. Thanks
Me and my boyfried had a fantastic time staying at this hotel. we had a 1bedrm apartment and it was perfect in everyway! We would recommend it to anyone and are thinking of going back soon!!
Can anyone help with my query about the beds in Colon II?
Hey can anyone give me any details of these apartments and what they are like ?how far is the berach and bar and clubs? any information would be very helpful as we are looking to book it ?
thanks
We came back on the 16th Feb 2007, after staying at the Colon 11, they are fantastic apartments, they are well furnished and spotlessly clean with big balconies which have wooden furniture. The pool bar is very reasonable and does great snacks and the pool area is nice to sit in with the best sunbeds I have ever slept on.

They are in a great position, when you arrive at first you think there is nothing here but turn right and directly round the corner is a great street full of italian, tapas, and british bars and restaurents, and at the top of the street is a huge really cheap supermarket, across from the apts is a 24 hour supermarket which sells lovely bread, along to the left and over the road are some brilliant bars down on the beach 2 minutes walk away and along to your left a bit is the cafe de paris which is a lovely place for a meal and the entertainment is good at night if you are an oldie like me who likes fleetwood mac, REM etc next door is the 4 seasons a british bar which does great bar meals we ate their a lot.
There is great shopping all around and 10 minutes away, to the left is the santiago shopping centre and the safari shopping centres and dancing fountains.
Along to the right about 5 minutes along the front is the veronicas area, on the beach side are some really nice restaurents. right beside the apts is the little tourist train which runs every hour.
its an hours walk to los cristianos market on a Sunday along the front to the left
Thats me cant think of any more we had a fantastic holiday and would go back to these apts again.
The beds were a bit hard but I like them like that the sofa bed is softer in the lounge but equally as comfy
ive just tried to book the colon 2 for the same time as last year same group but the price was £1100 more thats bloomin inflation :cry: it looks like we will be booking somewere else but i dont have a clue were? i'm after 2 weeks in october for 3 adults and 2 kids close to shops and beach
hi all ive just tried to book the jollys for the family to the same place (colon2) the same time same people with the same company as last year and i have been quoted £1200 more :x

so ive decided to try booking it without the middle man
ive got the flights 3 adults 2 kids £730 14 days
but i need the contact details of the colon 2 either phone or e-mail address would be great all help i will be very grateful cheers Gary Daxy1
Try this tel no colon hotel direct 0034922790728 hope this helps.
cheers thanks i'll give them a phone
I booked direct with them and went in March this year, telephone - 0034922793716, spoke to Rosa who organised this for us. The cost was 60 euro per night for a studio or 70 euro per night for a one bedroom apartment. This was great value as rooms and complex were superb.
Hi Everyone

We are planning on going to Tenerife for the first time next summer. We've been recommended the Colon 2 Apartments in Playa de las Americas. Can anyone advise if their 2 bed apartments which are on the top floor have a balcony/terrace. I read somewhere that they didn't but then someone else said they did :roll:

Many thanks
we stayed in a 2bed apartment at colon 2 many years ago and the balcony was MASSIVE ! It was a corner apartment and it also had sunloungers on it, great place to stay, fab location,
happy hols !
can not answer about the two bed apt, but the complex itself is great, if or when i ever return it will be to the colon
Colon 11 were off there in January, the next door restuarant MamaRosas is amazing.....
The whole front of the Colon 2 has had a facelift now looks like an upmarket coffee bar.... :D
apart from thompsons is there any other tour companys that deal with the colon, as i'm podering the idea of going back in september, just want to see what deals there is going around without thompsons having the total monoply of this great apartment complex

many thanks in advance :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.