Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
You can see some photographs (if you haven't already) by Googling Colon 11 Tenerife and the thomsonbeach website will be at the top of the list. It will give some idea as to what they're like although the pictures are mostly all of the pool, but it does show a room, studio I think.
hi all is there a kids club or entertainment at the collon 2 we are going in october 06 thanks gary.... :lol:
If you look on the Thomson website you'll see that the only child facilities mentioned are a childrens end of the pool and a playground. I was there over the New Year and there was no entertainment, not even for adults. The playground from what I remember was a slide or climbing frame. There was a blackboard with info about a quiz but I think that was in one of the bars nearby. It's a very quiet complex, mainly because the "rules" that you are given when you check in that say that anyone causing noise will charged 60 euros or even thrown out (put in a nicer way, of course!).
Just returned from 2 weeks at Colon II. They have recently re-furbed it and it is great. Rooms clean and well appointed. Pool area good with great new sunbeds. Not the usual plastic, but all with plasticy fabric covers and adjustable back and leg rests.
Their website is http://www.apartamentoscolon2.com email is info@apartamentoscolon2.com.
The reception staff are really helpful
Click Here for our reviews of these apartments.

If anyone has stayed here and not added their review, please assist your fellow holidaymakers by adding it via the above link.

just booked two weeks here for mid september with the wife and 6 year old little girl, it looks like it as good reviews from all on here, so mine will follow once have come back, just hope its better than the mira mola in Ibiza
Just came back yesterday and will added review shortly. But I would agree with all that has been said, these apartments were lovely and we did have an apartment over looking the refurbishments going on next door and this casued no trouble at all - in fact we enjoyed watching others work!! We had requested a sunny balcony as I had been warned the pool view ones don't get sun (thanks for that advice). The receptionist said that this was the case in winter we checked in. We had an end apartment and had sun all day. The refurb nearest us looks like it is the in final stages as the were laying patios and fitting the doors and windows.
I don't think you will be disappointed with these apartments.
Wee Puddock, did you have the corner one-bedroom apartment overlooking the road and behind the reception? My husband and I stayed there just after Christmas and had that one - 316 if I remember correctly. I think it's the best apartment there as there were good views and probably the best sun. We particularly liked the balconies and patio doors leading from the bedroom and lounge. The funny thing was, it was £35 cheaper to have a one bedroom apartment than it was to have a studio! Did you get visits from the very tame collared doves and did you hear the screeching of the parrots when they landed in the tree nearby? I would definitely want to stay in that apartment again.
Spindles, we were at the opposite end from you in apt 223, it was a studio but the one bed apt next door was set back so giving us a two open sided balcony. It did get good sun and yes we had the doves and parrots, the parrots seemed to come at the same time every night, they were having fun - I think. Can I ask how you booked your apt. We went through Thomsons, but I would be interested if you could book direct. I have tried their web site but can't get passed the first screen. Our view was limited (well watching the builders is interesting at times) would have liked the same view as you though.
Wee Puddock, I booked the apartment through a Lunn Poly shop. I had already booked the flights with the intention of having a private apartment as the facilities are usually a lot better but because it was quite near to Christmas and the New Year practically everywhere was booked up. The few places that I was offered were'nt in the area that we wanted to be. A view of a golf course might be appealing to a golfer but not to me! It was getting so desperate that I looked on the Hotel Reviews page and saw that Colon II had good reviews so my husband and I went into Lunn Poly and asked if there was anything available and there was! I was really surprised as it was only two and a half weeks before we were due to go. It cost a bit more than booking a package but I didn't mind because by that stage we were looking at anything from a five star hotel to a tent!

I have made a note of the email address and telephone number and would try and book it direct with them if it wasn't available through Thomsons. I don't know if it's possible to book it with anyone else which is something I did with a place in Lanzarote last year. It was in the Thomson brochure but they weren't showing any availability but I was able to book an apartment on the same complex on the lanzarote.com website.

Anyway, as I said, I would definitely book apartment 316 again because of the views of the coast.
Sorry for late reply, been to busy to surf this week!! Anyway thanks for the info and I will keep it for next time. :D
Hi all,

Just booked into these apartments last night through Thomsons, for 2nd week in July, but noticed that I had no option to request a higher floor or pool view etc?

Does anyone know if you have to request this direct with the hotel or is it pot luck as to where you're put?

Have to say though, all reviews look really good, quite looking forward to going.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Mike.
hi obsesive we have booked with thompson in october and we requested with them for a lower floor due to the kids they said they would sort that out so it's worth giving them a ring and asking them they helped us out so hope they can do the same for you hope you have a good time we cant wait till were there... :lol:
When we went in Feb we made the request through Thomson, so like already said give them a call. The complex in only 4 floors high. We requested a sunny balcony and therefore did not have a pool view as pool view did not get sun on balcony - well not at that time of year anyway.
You will not be disappointed with Colon II it is lovely.
Thanks very much for your responses. Much appreciated.

Have phoned Thomsons and arranged a request.

Roll on July!

Mike.
ive booked to go here at the end of may however i have been informed of building works, if anyone has any information regarding how bad it is? how noisey it is? then please, let me no!!
thank u.
Our apartment looked right onto the building works when we were there in Feb and it caused no trouble at all. They were fitting and painting the windows and doors and laying the patios when we were there so I would have thought that that side would be well on the way to being finished by now.
Hopefully someone can give you a more up to date report.
The Colon II is so nice I am sure you will have a great time.
Hi all,

Just been reading up on the resort itself and noticed a few people talking about muggings and robbings in las Americas??? Is there parts of the resort that are worth staying clear of as we've never been before and this has put the wind up us a bit! :shock:

I know you get the old timeshare touts etc about but some carefully chosen words from myself usually gets them to back off!

Any comment much appreciated...
Just take the same precautions as you would back home.Stick to well lit areas,don't carry a lot of cash/cards around with you,don't walk alone at night etc. PDLA is great with some really upmarket areas. Just be vigilant as you would at home.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.