Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Yes ok we all get the message can we stop all going on about the cornflake bowls.

I would think the manager was afraid you were going to complain about the standard of accommodation on the park. When he saw that you had left dishes on the table he jumped on it and saw it as a way out. He then beefed it up a bit adding the blocked toilet, cutlery on the floor and mess on the benches etc.

I would write and explain the situation and ask outright if they are going to cancel your next holiday. :(
Thank you! I am suprised the issue of washing up has caused such a stir here but am glad to have any kind of help and advice from other members here as long as its not a coupon for washing up liquid!

I contacted administrations department of Hoeseasons and the lady confirmed she had never heard of a situation like this and she then spoke to customer care department who both agreed and confirmed that what happend with Park dean will not affect any current or future bookings with them as long as its not a Park Dean resort- that is no prolem for us.

We are awaiting a manager from Park Dean to phone us here at home and as of yet no call. When we do have some communication from them we will explain that we are repeat customers and we didnt wash up a few dishes because of a quad bike accident, a young child, and we did'nt think we would be nationally banned from all parks for this. Its insane!

If they want to stand by their banning then thats their right and its a shame but there you go..... No point crying over ..... dishes....

:D
Good luck and am pleased your booking with Hoeseasons is safe. Please let us know how you get on if, and when, you get your phone call.
I dare you to tell them it's no wonder the loo is blocked after eating food from their restaurants etc! :D
I say you complain about them!

Good luck!
Perhaps the reason why when you arrived a member of staff was still shampooing carpets, was that he or she had been delayed doing a load of unexpected washing up and clearing away that it really wasn't his or her job to do.
mainy has come on this board for help not critisim. she held her hands up and admitted to dirty dishes being left,and enough members now have had their say regarding not washing up so if you can't be of any help it may be better is you say nothing at all.
TBH I feel it was a fair comment. It seems a bit much to complain about a member of staff shampooing a carpet when you arrive and inconveniencing you, but not complying with your own part of the contract. The irony !

A contract was struck up and the OP didn't comply. We get lots of genuine complaints on here and i often try and help genuine people. If someone does something that later means a company doesn't want their business, That's the companys perogative, and it would seem others agree. perhpas as the OP has had some answers in might be time for the thread to close.
I went for years self catering in mobile homes in spain and in caravans in britian.....I have always had to give a cleaning deposit on arrival....they have been inspected at check out and deposits not returned untill finnished and declared as things should be....this is best as can be agreed everything fine before you leave.........I thoroughly clean my accomodation if self catering ...I get packed night before and once everyone in bed clean living /kitchen areas....once every one finnished with bedrooms I clean them....then bathroom when everyone done...everyone throws breakfast dishes (only cereal and drinks) in sink....they all then get thrown out with their cases....hubby washes and dries dishes while I give a quick mop right through.....I probably do a lot more than I need to....but like to think I had left things as I would like to like to find them....its my own self respect in question....

last year went bed and breakfast in greek hotel.....thought Id died and landed in heaven :angel2 ...maids coming in cleaning every day.

going for gold this year all inclusive hotel :cheers ....think its time I had a break as well :sun2
' Mummy what soft hands you have', 'why thank you darling it must be from all that lovely fairy washing up liquid i dont seem to use'

Jokes aside.

Thanks for all the response, and for all those comments in support of my wahing up situation with Park Dean a extra thank you. I never posted for a debate about whether i should have washed up or not it was more about my panic at being barred from 24 parks for no dishes and my worry about my current and future bookings with the agent i used being Hoeseasons.

Hoeseasons have confirmed that all my bookings are safe and they as a company are not concerned. I am very happy about that.

I have just made a second call to Park Dean head office who werent aware of my previous call and having just explained again im waiting on a call and will take it from there. I am more than happy not to return to this Park but the case im argueing is being banned from all of the parks across the Uk.

I will only post back here if and when i hear back from Park Dean. Thanks for all comments, much appreciated!
on my last post here mainy I explained what happens when I have used self catering accomodation....a point I made was that accomodation was inspected with you present before you left....and any issues also resolved before you left.....if staff do not take advantage of this oppertunity to inspect then they cant substanciate any grievences afterwards....and it is your reputation they are bringing into question...they could legaly be brought to task if they continue to cause you emotional harm by continuing with the accusations without proof....and I would demand an apology if you feel unjustly punished.
There must be more to it than that - no company would or even could barr an entire family from all their parks for a couple of dirty pots.
May I comment about the attitude of the original poster.

May I say thanks for your putting up with all the comments made, including my own. How nice to have a member who takes everything said in the manner it is meant. Not as a critisim, not as a rebuke but the views of others.

Oh that some of those who post on here were as forbearing.

I hope you have a great holiday.

fwh
Might I suggest that this thread is locked until Mainy has new information for us? I'm not sure that it's appropriate to keep dragging it out, especially if only for speculation.
I think thats a very good idea Mandy.

Mainy when you have some further information, please pm us and we will unlock for you.

Kath
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.