Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Some more detail please. What hotel. Perhaps the brochure is available online so we can have a look? Who did you book with?

Mark :)
Maybe - Maybe not.

Did the brochure say that the complex was in a lively resort or centrally located to bars and nightlife etc. If so then i doubt you have a leg to stand on.

Did it effect your enjoyment of the holiday and was it reported so that you may have been given the chance to move or something.

Not much info to go on but if you can provide the hotel name and resort and i sure some of us could point you in the right direction.
Hi, it was a Thomson package deal. Yes it did say lively resort but NOT close to a nightclub.
Brochure statement:
LocationBack to top
800m to Cala'n Forcat's sandy beach, accessed via steps
50m to the shops with a supermarket across the road
200m to the resort centre with bars‚ restaurants and cafés

Yes it did affect my holiday enjoyment, about 4/5 hrs sleep at night. Reported to the 24/7 helpline but wouldnt move me unless i paid a fee starting at £450 into a lesser rated accomodation. I said not a chance as you was not stating the club next door! They said they dont have to.
Spoke to the onsite rep and she openly said they have known about the club for years.

Vista Picas
cala n forcat
menorca

I have sent an email of complaint but not sure if i was wasting my time and theirs.
Thanks everyone
It seems like its not just me , visit tripadvisor and put in Vista Picas.
I cannot put up links in posts?

Thanks
I sympathise but I'm not sure if you will get anywhere with Thomson's. The same thing happened to me a few years ago I accompanied my parents to Puerto de La Cruz in Tenerife and we were kept awake every night due to noise from a nightclub that was situated about 10 yards from the hotel. People were shouting outside the club all through the night until 6am when the club closed. We complained to our rep, and we were moved to a higher floor though with only a very small reduction in noise. My father just took his hearing aid out and slept through the night but my mother ended up coming to my room everynight where we played scrabble and drank tea to pass away the hours. The noise was horrendous when we stepped on to the balcony.
I'm sorry for babbling on about my experience but our holiday was totally ruined as we were too tired to do anything during the day. I did send a letter of complaint after returning home, the answer was
apologetic but I was pretty much told that if I chose a hotel in the centre of town to expect noise. The hotel was at the time used by quite a few travel companies and none mentioned the night club. I'm not sure that they have to.
You have every right to complain but you may not get anywhere. Do keep the complaint letter short and to the point. I hope you get some satisfaction.
Moral for the story is to check any and all review sites before booking a holiday, which of course doesn't help you right now.
We have reviews for these apartments & the only one mentioning noise back in 2009 stated that it stopped at midnight. http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/menorca/cala-n-forcat/vista-picas-apartments/

I wonder if this club has recently opened? I'm surprised with Menorca as it's not usually known for it's noisy nightclubs :que
Thanks all for the replies.

I really do not mind noise up to midnight and the large part of menorca is quiet and relaxing as GlynisHT Admin says 'not usually known for for its noisy nightclubs'
I think i will continue with the complaint as it ruined a family holiday.
If i do not get any satisfaction then for the next 20 or so years i will not use Thomson or any partners like First Choice etc which would amount to about £40,000 loss to them.
Just found a letter confirming my holiday and it states that they 'will make my holiday as relaxing as possible' !
:rofl
Many thanks for your review menorca 2011.

Good luck with your complaint. Please let us know how you get on.
Thanks Glynis, np.
I will post again, ................... if i get an answer.

ps, there is a photo now on tripadvisor under vista picas photos , you will know the one i put on there.
Please don't rely on sending an email to a holiday company for them to take your complaint seriously. I would recommend you back it up with a letter sent with a 'signed for' service so you know they've received it ...
Menorca2011
Alsacienne has given you some good advice about writing a letter.

Also, do keep your complaint brief, unemotional and to-the-point.
I wouldn't say in the letter that if you don't get any satisfaction then you won't use them for the next 20 or so years as that doesn't really give them any incentive to resolve your complaint.

Good luck.
The reps may have been aware of it but had they passed the information on?
The company would need to know to put an errata on their booking systems.

I agree with prettypollycat - don't mention not using them again. In all honesty they won't care anyway because for everyone that says that, they gain a customer that has said the same about another tour operator.
Thanks to all.
Update:
It has got me somewhere but feel now that they have admitted they was wrongly advertising the appartments.

From Thomson:
Dear Mr B******,

Thank you for your email regarding your holiday to Menorca on 5th July 2010.

As explained in my previous email - I've been waiting for some feedback from our Resort Team Manager and our Team Manager at Holiday Line - which I now have.

You've said in your email there was nightclub close to your apartments which played loud music until 6am in the morning, which resulted in you getting very little sleep and not being able to keep the windows open. You've mentioned that you called our Holiday Line and spoke to our Holiday Advisor but you didn't find their service helpful at all.

Our Resort Team Manager has advised - that the Vista Picas Apartments are next to bars that don't close until 6am and Cala'n Forcat is the busiest resort on this island. The Hotel Manager does try where possible not to allocate the rooms close by to the bars - however it's impossible when the complex is full. I'm pleased to hear our Holiday Advisor managed to get you some fans for the room to make it a little easier for you.

Although you've said you were aware Cala'n Forcat would be lively - you didn't expect it to be as noisy where you were staying - we do however state in the brochure that the apartments are centrally located and only 200m to all the bars, restaurants and cafes - therefore this indicates there may be possible noise.

I'm very concerned to read the comments about our Holiday line and I've been reassured that the relevant people will be spoken to. We expect all our staff to provide an excellent service at all times, therefore I'm sincerely sorry you felt so let down.

With the above in mind, I'd like to offer you our holiday voucher for £150.00 (one hundred and fifty pounds), which is to apologise you felt let down with our in resort service and because you've been waiting a while for a response to your email. My offer is valid for 28 days and all you'll need to do is contact me on the methods below.

The voucher can be used against the cost of your next First Choice or Thomson holiday. There's no rush to use it, just book your holiday within 18 months, though the actual holiday can be taken some time later. It is versatile and can be used with any sales or special offers that may be on offer.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I know lots of companies say they're grateful for your feedback, but we genuinely mean it. Where we can, we'll act on your comments to make sure our holidays are the best they can possibly be.

Yours sincerely

xxxxx xxxxxxx
Customer Support Advisor
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2010-09-01 07:37:43
    To remove staff member's name - Further edit by Glynis to remove members surname
They are admitting some liability by offering you the £150 in vouchers. If you are happy to travel with them again then ok, but if you'd prefer not to then I'd write back stating you would accept the offer in the form of a cheque only.
Thanks Glynis, have replied saying amount is laughable.
I am not letting this go as holiday was practically ruined by them not staing about nightclub and the way i was treated at the 24/7 helpline.
Update:
Over 3 weeks since i replied so i called ******* ******** but she was at a meeting this afternoon.
Have been told she will email me on monday.
:really
Hi the Vista Picas gets fantastic reviews on trip adviser and also holiday watchdog no mention of noise
You may have been just unlucky.
No , not unlucky.
As i explained, its only certain room types , not just me there are 3 others on Tripadvisor , page 2 and 3 i think.
Thanks
*Admin edit. Sorry but you can't copy and paste from another website or we'll be in trouble for copyright infringement - Glynis*
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.