Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You are supposed to leave the property in a clean condition and that means washing up dirty dishes before leaving so in that respect the manager is correct in some of what they say.

Pippa
I don't suppose you made your complaint in writing at the time? This sounds like them getting their retaliation in first after you said you would complain to Hoseasons. Your problem is that if you haven't got anything in writing and didn't write to Hoseasons immediately it will now look like you responding to their complaint. What Hoseasons can do will be buried in their T&Cs but they won't be able to keep your money if they cancel future bookings.

But I do agree about the washing up. If you don't go away to wash up you should eat out.
Thanks for the replys so far. I take on the point about washing up but to bar a family from 24 parks in this current financial climate? I think its harsh by any one's standards! I have contacted Park dean head office and they were unaware of this letter and are going to contact the manager of this park and take it from there.....
Now that is interesting! If the manager hasn't told his own head office I doubt he will have contacted Hoseasons so get your letter in to them straight away. First one on the desk gets advantage!
I seem to remember someone else had this problem with a caravan park saying they had left the place in a mess. They were repeat customers as well.
Do they give you a check-in time and did you arrive before that time? Just a thought, but possibly the maid was taking longer than normal to do the cleaning as the family who'd checked out that day, had left some dishes and breakfast things on the kitchen table that they didnt clear away!
no one wants to wash up. Especially the caravan cleaners who end up washing up other peoples things!!!
If it was just a few dishes why didn't you just wash up?

ok it seems very harsh to ban you for that but I don't see how they can have evidence of the other stuff!
Sorry to sound harsh but what if everyone left uwashed dishes? Incoming guests would never get in their accomodation on time as maids would have twice the amount of work to get through. To be honest, I wouldn't want to accommodate repeat guests that didn't respect my accommodation either. Only my opinion but I'm sure a lot would agree with me.
I cant belive that you did not wash up your dishes, OK we all go on holiday to relax but if you are in Self catering (which YOU booked), then does it not follow that you clean up after yourselves. If i were the manager then i would also have the same attitude, how lazy are you???????????
OK I think we all agree they should have washed their dishes but please lets not get personal or abusive.

Sarah
Aliceadventures- lol regarding the dishes gag, you do have a check in time but we had to wait an extra hour and when we arrived at our accomadation they were shampooing a carpet which equals wet carpet and chemical smells!

I posted on here for advice on the barring of us from this holiday company and my concerns over my other booking through Hoeseasons being affected by Park dean contacting them and informing them not to take any more bookings from us! No one has been able to help me with that as of yet. I contacted head office today and as it was the weekend the person i need to talk too about maybe lifting this ban is in on Monday so fingers crossed!

Im also going to contact Hoeseasons and explain everything and that i am on the understanding they have been informed and what is there policy on this? Im looking at worse case that Hoeseasons also bar us but im confifent in the knowledge we will not lose our money we have paid.

It would be very very unfortunate to be banned from all 24 parks for not washing up. I will admit i dont always do this and have never had this action before. Maybe Park Dean are doing a booming trade right now in a credit crunched Britian and dont need the custom of myself and repeat custom at that? Or maybe they hate washing up.... Maybe i will never find out!

We did take the time to explain to head office that it was not left in a unsuitable condition and that yes we didnt wash up we also explained about the personal reasons for our trip to this park and my accident whilst there. I will update about Hoeseasons take on this as thats the only thing that would be really gutting for us as we book soo many trips through them.

P.s- I do clean up after myself, and my husband, and my 2 kids, and my foster children and my animals and ..... YOU get the idea it was purely what was going on at the time that prevented the dishes being done. God im laughing to myself just typeing that! Who would believe it!
My parents friends own a villa abroad and it is let out on the conditon that families leave it as they find it. They have a cleaner who goes in after the customers have left and if the customers don't wash their dishes etc then the cleaner has to which means more time in the apartments and costs my parents friends more....so they refuse to let customers incapale of cleaning up after themselves back in their apartment.

Maybe you could write to the park and apologise for the dishes you left?
sorry can't edit.

why don't you contact the park directly, apologise for the dishes and disrepute the blocked toilet etc. In saying that, it is interesting that Park Dean don't know anything about the letter the manager sent you? I do think the ban is abit ott, surely a warning letter or a fine or something would have been more approriate than a life long ban.
As someone who owns a caravan on a Parkdean site, i've always been quite baffled by their management style. Have to say they've never managed to impress me once!!
I am involved with some premises here in the UK used by people undertaking D of E awards. A great deal of time and money has been spent on the kitchens. Completely gutted and refitted.

A group used them a few weeks ago and have just been landed with a bill for £100 for cleaning up after them. The local authority concerned who had booked it for them has backed us in this.

At our next management meeting it is proposed a standard fee of £250 is made for cleaning up after people.

Harsh? Not really as the stuff we had to clear up was takeaways. They had told us that they only used the kitchen to make a hot drink. As they were the first people to use it then it was obvious who had done it. Particularly as we had just finished the work an hour before they arrived.

fwh
It does sound rather harsh bit I think that the main thing here is this sounds very much like tit for tat. In the first instance the park did rush through and clean the accomodation for you and did give you the voucher and they probably assumed that you were winding them up by not leaving the caravan as you should.

I would not worry to much and just contact Hoseasons at your earliest convenience. I cannot see how this incident could possibly effect any other future bookings neither legally or morally.
When our children were small, my sister & I used to clean caravans and chalets at a local Holiday Park. The state that some people left things in was unbelievable - a week's worth of fat under the grill, used condoms under the bed - get the idea. Cleaners only get a certain amount of time per caravan, so if someone leaves the van like a tip, then all the accommodation is not going to be ready at check in time. If things were as bad as the Park Manager claims, then he would have taken photographic evidence at the time, which he would then be able to forward to the Head Office. I would certainly phone the Head Office first thing tomorrow morning, and explain the situation.
We tend to book private apartments abroad and quite a few have what is called a 'security deposit'. Basically you pay a set amount with the balance which is then returned after you return home - providing that is that you leave the apartment in a clean and tidy state. Some of the cottage holiday companies in this country operate a similar system too. I think it is a really good idea - I think most people would look after the property better if there was a danger of not having the security deposit returned.

I would never dream of leaving a property dirty and messy - I always clean up thoroughly the night before we leave and make sure it all looks spick and span. Yes, I know you are on holiday but it really does not take long to hoover, clean bathrooms and worktops etc. and I feel happier knowing it is clean. If you keep it clean as you go then it takes no time at all. It does make you wonder what some people's homes look like...............

Pippa
good luck with the phoning today.....

write to head office, if they seem to be taking the washing up so seriously, then include a cheque for £10 to cover all costs.....

then speak and write to hoseasons, make sure you get the name of the person you speak to, then follow the conversation up with a written letter....

it would be awful if you were told one thing, then turned up on holiday to be told you are banned.....due to lack of communication.

hope it all gets sorted, and you wash your pots up next time :tup
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.