Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
How can a sickness bug be caused by the weather ?

People who are staying at other hotels in Sharm will be experiencing exactly the same weather as you will at the Concorde.

If it was the weather 100 % of the people who go to sharm would be sick at the same time.

I would go back to Thomas Cook and ask them how it is the weather making eveyone ill, but only at one hotel. :que
Whoops. ;) If its the water I dont really know how to advise you apart from to drink bottled water and sprite and avoid ice just in case etc. Although of course a worry would be if the food was washed in the local water and then not cooked sufficiently to kill the bacteria.

I will try and do a link to the keeping health in Sharm topic which hopefully will help you. I wonder if TC are just fobbing you off they do this sometimes.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=23153

Dont let it worry you too much though lots of people go and dont get poorly at all.
My concerns have come from a hotel review dated 7th Aug on Trip Adviser not from TC.
hi again flossy, :)

Its very difficult to advise as you could swap to another hotel and it could have similar problems, also the problems at the concorde might have cleared up by the time you arrive anyway. What time of year are you going ? Most of the main tummy bug problems seem to be in July and August when it is at its hotest and the bacteria if about seems to spread quicker.

If you read lots of hotel reviews for all different hotels on TA they will be littered with people reporting tummy problems unfortunately. They are alwys atributed to different things, ie food, water, change of temp, airconditioning, ice, dirty money, general poor hygeine standards in hotels etc

Is there not a thread running on it in TA, or could you pm the TA poster who put up the review to try and get more information ?
Thank you for your advice, no there isnt a thread on TA. I am an old member on here and felt more comfortable asking here.

I had to registar again, but on as a guest everyday.

Thanks again Jackie
Your welcome Jackie, although I dont feel I have been much help. :(

I've been to Sharm 3 times over the last 4 years, stayed at the Rennaisance Golden View Beach Resort, The Crowne Plaza, both of which were Bed and Breakfast so we ate in a variety of restaurants including the hotels and this year I stayed at The Red Sea Holiday Village which is an All Inclusive so only ate there.

Each time we have all been OK (probably jinxed it now) - family of 4 - apart from last time when just me had a slight tummy upset for about two to three hours, nothing that you would bother getting Antinal for though.

Also we have never bothered with pro-biotics, always had ice in drinks and eaten plain salads, but tried to make sure food we picked is always hot. I take the hand gel stuff and then forget to use it. :oops:

I did put air c o n on for a few hours before we went to bed then turn it off over night as people say that can cause problems, but who knows really, but that was in Spring and is easier said than done in the height of summer.

I really do think it's a bit the luck of the draw really. Loads of people go and don't get poorly. Just take sensible precuations and try not to worry, although I am sure it is more of a concern if you have been poorly recently.

Take Care, Doe :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.