Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Lorna,
the answers to your questions are posed in current threads.
hotel reviews HERE and no Sharm is not near the pyramids.
Pyramid details HERE and taxis HERE
Please does anyone know the e mail address as i am about to book this hotel and have just read that they have dolphins to swim with for our "entertainment" which disgusts me....also that they are importing 4 more :cry:
I would like to find out more...please
phyll,

My understanding is that this Hotel no longer have dolphins. Have you tried their Web page.
http://www.concorde-hotels.com/html/art_travelling/select_hotel/index.html

Wilson :wink:
thankyou so much Wilson, i feel much happier now :)
When i get home from work i will E Mail them.
Phyll
phyll.
i've found the following report for you from the marine comcection concerning the concorde el salem hotel...

http://www.marineconnection.org/news/general/another_substandard_facility_for_Sharm.html

medot.xx
Looks as though they're still going ahead with the new facility then :(
Personally that would put me right off the hotel.

Pippy :D
Thankyou medot for the update on these poor animals...i think i will be returning to the Conrad now, my conscience could"nt me to go to the Concorde unless they change their mind which i dont see them doing... :cry:
i felt the same a few months back i was looking to book for hilton sharm dreams, someone on here mentioned a new waterpark and i thought great! then someone else mentioned dolphin shows being put there too -
so i thought no way!!! in the end i decided to book for somewhere else
but i still want to return to sharm in the future, thats one thing guaranteed to ruin my holiday performing animals :bhead
Hello Wilson, i have looked on the weblink you sent me but could"nt find any E Mail address. Maybe someone else looking in would be good enough to see if they can find it "please"
Hi Briar and thanks but i tried that before and could"nt actually see any address :? thats me maybe !
me again Briar...i did what you said so assume my mail went...thankyou :)
I am off to this hotel on Monday so will let you know the latest news on this babaric form of entertainment, when I return. I was under the impression that all dolphin shows were to be banned or I certainly wouldn't have booked to go to this hotel.
Have a good time Moonflower.

Say hello to Mohammed on the beach restaurant from Steph & Joe who were there at Xmas.

Joe.
I stayed there January 05 and there were dolphins there then. I was very unhappy about it.

We went back in January 06 and there were no dolphins or sea lions. Maybe they've bowed to public pressure?
From what I can gather reading Medot's link, they closed one but are planning on opening another :(
hi Moonflower,I am so pleased to see someone is going to the hotel as i am desperate to know the details of what is going to happen about this facility for our "entertainment" :( please keep in touch :) and have a lovely time.
Phyll
To all of you who share my love of animals....the hotel has mailed me and confirmed that they are going to have a dolphin pool soon at the hotel.
To moonflower..at least it wont happen whilst you are on holiday so enjoy :)
Phyll (my Mum) has forwarded me the email they sent.....

Dear ********

Thank you for your interest to Concord El Salam Hotel!

Kindly be informed that we have no dolphin show yet in our hotel, but we
are planning to open it soon. But there is dolphin show in the center of
Sharm El Sheikh not far from Concorde.

Do not hesitate to contact me again if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

EmailUs Sharm

Concorde El Salam Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
P.O.Box 91 Sharm El Sheikh
South Sinai, Egypt

Phone: +2 069 3601460
Telex: +2 069 3601560
E-mail: emailus.sharm@concorde-eg.com

Well that confirms it once and for all

:evil:
  • Edited by Pippy 2006-03-04 20:42:43
To whom it may concern.

I will be booking a holiday to go to Sharm next year quite soon.

I've done some research and your hotel looks to be just the kind of hotel I'd like to visit.

However, I've recently discovered you intend opening a new dolphin pool in the near future. This I find totally unacceptable, unnecessary and cruel. I'd like it to be known that due to your plans I will no longer be considering visiting your hotel.

I discovered this information here...

http://www.marineconnection.org/news/general/another_substandard_facility_for_Sharm.html

Your management should be ashamed of themselves.

Regards.

:wink: :wink:
  • Edited by Pippy 2006-03-05 08:18:11
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.