Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Visiting this hotel for two weeks from 5 april 2007, myself hubby and 7 year old daughter, any hints, tips, advice, warnings etc would be most welcome. This is our first visit to Egypt,

Regards

Joanne
Hi

We are thinking of going here for May half term with out 7 and 3 year old.

Anyone else going then?

Where is the water slide located?

Do you have to pay extra for ice skating and horse riding?
Does anyone know what the kids club is like, if there is a playground etc etc?

Do you get a mini bar in your room with water in as I have read you have to pay for bottled water.

Also how are the building works coming on, are they still causing a problem or is distrubance minimal?

Thanks
I would really like the same answers as Nicolaw. We've booked for 16 September taking 13year old daughter. I'm a bit warey as shes very blond and a bit of a young lady, we have heard a few not very nice stories. Hopefully someone can tell us its not true.
Also do you have to apy estra for the Italian restaurant.
Hello,

We stayed here in June last year with our 3 year old girl. The waterslide is located in the sports area of the hotel. Here there is also a fantastic kids pool with 2 additional smaller slides ideal for your 3 year old right next to the main pool with the larger slide.

We were glad we stopped on the sports side, the infinity pool nearer the beach looks fantastic but is much busier and much more difficult to get sunbeds. There is a courtesy bus running between the 2 sections of hotel and it is only a pleasant short stroll.

The sports side also has the ice skating rink and horse riding. Both have a charge but are very reasonable and where else can you ice skate when its 50 degrees!!!!

The kids club for us was disappointing while we were staying there weren't many children but the animation team only seemed to cater for the older ones, however it wasn't school holidays when we went.

Our daughter had a wonderful time in the kids pool everyday with a couple of children from Ebbw Vale. There is also a great waterpark in Sharm a short taxi ride away. While smaller than some in Europe its very quiet with no queueing, spotless and has slides for all ages.

There is a fridge in all the rooms. Yes bottled water isn't free but there is 2 supermarkets between the 2 sections of hotel that sells water and other drinks for literally pence, so don't let that put you off.

The hotel is wonderful and the staff even better and they love children.

We took our daughter to Cairo on coach for 2 days and she loved it. She is also a blonde and coped very well with the heat and the only attention my partner and daughter had was very pleasant.

Have a fantastic time we are going to Egypt again this year but to Taba Heights just to try somewhere different.

Any more questions please ask, I know from last year you can't always get advice from people who have been with children.

MPH :D
Thanks very much for all the information it really helps us to decide where to go.

Unfortunately we can only get a family room in the main hotel. Do you know what these are like. I have looked on their website but they show huge rooms for the family suite and I can't believe we would get one of these but then the cost is quite a lot compared to other hotels.

We are a bit put off that you have to pay for water as all other hotels we have stayed in have gievn you as much water as you want which is esential in that heat.

The hotel does look nice though so maybe worth the extra money.

Thanks
Hello,

The rooms are large, I know what you mean about the family suites though they are wonderful and some lucky families had been upgraded for free while we were there!! But all rooms are nice and spacious.

I don't think the water issue should be the deciding factor, I know it may seem a little bit mean but it is literally a 2 minute walk for a bottle of water @ something like 20p in the supermarkets. There are plenty of water & other drinks available by the glass and we just brought a few bottles of water and left them in the fridge in our room for night time & mornings. One thing that we loved were the rooms are fitted with fantastic blackout curtains so our little girl slept much later than she does at home in the summer.

The bathrooms have free toiletries replenished daily & very good quality towels. You also get free cards for beach / pool towels so don't worry about taking them with you.

If you enter holidaycheck in google and search Concorde el Salam on the website, although it is mainly a German language website it has 117 photos of the hotel. Indeed it has a lot of photos of many of the hotels in Egypt.

You should find some with the sports pool and of some of the rooms.

Hope this helps

MPH
The Italian is chargeable at night, but does a nice buffet at lunch as part of the AI.

It's a great place.
Enjoy.

Joe.
Thanks for that. Never come across that site before so thanks. Some excellent pictures.

We can only get the hotel through travelrepublic and a family room is all thats on offer.

Just need to decide on flight and dates now and then choose between this and the Jaz Mirabel.

Thanks alot again
I noticed when looking at the site, a photo has been posted with a map of the hotel and it shows a dolphinarium next to the skating rink, does anybody know anything about this please
hi joandbeth.x

regarding the dolphinarium at the Concorde...i contacted margaux dodds at the marine connection today and she said she had heard rumours that they were getting more dolphins....but it was just a rumour and not with any foundation.

there is a pool there...which was built a while back...but at the moment its not being used for anything.
Thanks for the info medot. As much as I love dolphins I would much rather see them in their natural habitat, it would ruin my holiday if they were held captive at the hotel. There's never been any mention of the dolphinarium on any of the sites I've been on when researching my holiday
received a letter today from first choice saying that there could be noise disturbance due to building works constructing a nearby beach. Does anybody have any idea how close the construction work is to the hotel and what level of noise disturbance we can expect - we fly out in 13 days time
8) :P

Hi we visited for the 2nd time last October and had a similar letter from Airtours. You will find that they are creating a new beach for the hotel next door but one, but to be fair it doesn't cause any disturbance at all. As the hotel is well spread out the only time you will see the building work is if you have a sea view room which is right next to Hilton Sharks Bay Hotel, although the reception staff try not to put guests in these rooms due to this.

Hope this is of assistance.

You will have a great time!!!!
Hi

Do you know where the family rooms are located, as we can only get a family room? All I know is that they are at the front of the hotel. Will they overlook the building work?

Thanks
Thanks Sutty, thats put my mind at rest as I didn't fancy pushing for a change of hotel with only 10 days to go. We were thinking of upgrading to a seaview room but perhaps we wont bother, we'll see what's what when we get there.
In a lot of hotels we've been to ''gentlemen'' have to wear long trousers during the evening meal. Is this the case here? My hubby always takes smart shorts but we have been to certain hotels where they have been quite strict, although there is nothing in Direct Holidays brochure.
has anyone been here
any photos
also is there an ice rink here also are there any photos thanks
This one at Sharks Bay ?? yup it's got an ice rink

not been there but good images on Google Earth though
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.