Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
contact lenses
10 Posts
hi tony
believe it or not this is a tricky one .

if your partner's lenses don't arrive in time ,she will have to take an up to date prescription with her to spain. then it should be no problem .

i always take my prescription with me,

i have never needed to use it, until 4 years ago in spain i lost one of my contact lenses in the sea,

i took my prescription to local opticians,but because i had not had an eye test for over a year
they could not supply me with a replacement.(by law)

i wore my glasses for the remainder of the hols :shrug :shrug :shrug

i have no idea of the price but it is probably ,cheaper or more or less the same as the uk.

happy hols tony and partner.

irene :wave
Thanks for the reply Irene unfortunately the lenses have not arrived and the prescription is just over a year old. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy spectacles over the counter against a current British prescription as this still has almost a year to go and anything would be better than nothing.
Thanks
When do you go Tony? I discovered a week before I went away that I wouldn't have enough lenses as I wear daily disposables. I went to ASDA opticians and managed to get an appointment, luckily, fairly quickly, within a few days. (I wasn't with ASDA for my contacts before this). I had an eye test and contact lens consultancy at the same time and managed to walk out the same day with a supply! Although I have a fairly "straight forward" prescription (ie in that my contact's don't correct my astigmatism), it might be worth a try. ASDA are also quite cheap for their lenses.
Although I had to pay for a sight test and contact lens consultation, and then pay for the lenses, it was still fairly cheap.
They do keep a wide range in stock, but I suppose it depends on your partner's prescription and type of lens used. It might be worth giving them a ring.
Thanks but we go tomorrow so its getting a bit desperate,
Tony
there is alway the in a hour service at vision express but i don't know if they do make them just by the precription but they may if you explain the situation. if you have time before you leave i would get there a soon as theyopen then they shouldn't be busy
Hope you were successful Tony! Have a good holiday.
I am curious Tony, did you suceed?
Hi Sorry about the delay, no we didn't manage to get them before we went, thanks for the help anyway. The reason we could not get them was a lack of proper contact lens prescription, my partner had her eye test at specsavers and had been having lenses from them for a few months, trouble is though that Specsavers do not give out contact lens prescriptions unless you specifically ask for them. They give you a spectacles prescription and try to keep the contact lens bit to themselves, (it may be me being cynical but could it be to make it difficult to get lenses from any other company?). Anyway she managed and we had a great time. Thanks again
As I said, I've had contacts on and off for years and ASDA seem to be the best.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.