General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
contact lenses
10 Posts
It will depend on your flight time but I wouldn't advise wearing contacts on anything other than a short hop. The air conditioning inside aircraft makes the air very dry and flying is dehydrating - hence why we're always advised to drink lots of water. This dehydration effect will effect your eyes just as much as any other part of your body. But you should also think about whether there is a risk of you falling asleep during the journey - I always do - in which case you need to make sure that you remove our lenses before doing so. A friend forgot to do this whilst on a long journey and ended up with ulcers which took a quite a while to heal.

SM
I've worn mine to Spain about 5 times

As its only a short flight my eyes were fine,but i did bring some suitable drops just in case
I wear my glasses on the plane. Take my lenses in my hand luggage
thanks i think ill leave them off its not worth getting sore eyes

Thanks
My son wore his lenses when we flew to Fuerteventura (4 hours) just recently. He's had contacts for about 17 months now and he didn't wear them on last year's flights, but now he's really used to them he didn't want to wear his glasses so he bought some eyedrops which come in tiny individual doses (no worries about having to use up a full bottle within so many days) They were called "Refresh Contacts" and he got them from Asda HERE.
Thanks for that i did buy some drops from boots but to be honest im no good at putting them in my mascara goes everywhere lol and i miss my eye
Hi just a note on contact lenses,i wear the daily disposable type,usually just for evenings,so i wear my glasses traveling and sunglassses in the day,I always pack them in my hand luggage,scared of packing them in suitcase in case it goes missing.
This year we went to Egypt in march and flew with XL, at check in when you are asked the usual questions they did ask had i any liquids and as my lenses are packed in strips of individual lenses in liquid i had to remove them from my hand luggage and pack them in my case.
Karlee
Thats Odd. I came back from Egypt about 4 weeks ago, and I had mine in the little foil strips and kept them in my hand luggage and they let me keep them.

I hate the idea of putting them in the hold as I would be lost/blind without them, ( & I don't have an respectable looking glasses :roll: )

As usual inconsistent practice. I am now panicing incase they wont let me keep them with me when I go to Algarve in a few weeks time.
We flew to Sharm and Hurgarda last year and I had may daily disposables in my hand luggage as well. Went with My Travel and Thomsons. Flying with First Choice on Thursday to Sharm and will have them in my hand luggage.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.