Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Do not assume Bulgaria will be the same it is now in the EU where there are Directives against dealing in counterfeit designer goods. For example, it is my understanding that in France it is a criminal offence to possess, never mind buy or sell.

We will not know what is happening in Bulgaria until our members return from their holidays and tell us.

Peter
Hi brownetts,

Totally agree with Peter, there were reports of raids & seizures of large amounts of counterfeit goods from traders/distributors last year in Bulgaria, even before EU accession.

Baldur
Yes you can still get the fake labels everywhere. I brought back jeans diesel & D&G 40 lev a pair. Tshirts quicksilver, diesel, versace prices between 5 lev to 25 lev.
Thanks LizO, it remains to be seen how long it lasts.

Peter
just back from Sunny Beach and got some nice clothes. Got myself a North Face jacket for about £30 with fleece inside. Got my girls lots of lovely clothes too. Alot better than Turkey as you don't get hassled when in their shops. Armani Jeans at 20 Lev and t-shirts from 5-20 lev. Best shop around and further back from the beach the cheaper we found things to be.

Will get a report on Mena Palace once I have more time :D
Hi

Just wondering, Do you need to Haggle for buying stuff in Bulgaria as you do in Turkey or are the prices displayed ?

Cheers
Cham :wink:
OOOOPS

Should have searched first, Found that haggling isn't necessary.

Cheers
Cham :wink:
yeah, I found alot of places didn't really haggle, but you can always try. the more you buy from one shop the better a discount you should get.
went to sunny beach last summer lots of fakes in the shops and stalls most were rubbish if theve stopped selling these fakes all the shops will have shut down dvd's rubbish cd's rubbish save your money
I AGREE THE FAKES ARE RUBBISH IN BULGARIA, LOOK CHEAPLY MADE!
TURKEY DOES HAVE BETTER QUALITY FAKES!
You were looking in the wrong places, you can get some very good fakes in Bulgaria, but as in most cases the more you are prepared to pay the better quality you get.

Patka
Given the long-standing illicit traffic between Bulgaria, Turkey and other countries in the area, much of the stuff probably comes from the same sources.

Baldur
patka beig there for two weeks i must have seen every stall and shop even the shop that sells just lacoste is rubbish, polo shirts looked great till you looked at the crocodile badge even in neighbouring resorts turkey has lots more better quality even though you can still get rubbish i came home with lots of money nothing to spend it on cheers ian the saint
would agree that the Lacoste clothes weren't as good as Turkey last year. Found the jeans and quicksilver and billabong t-shirts were really good quality.

Got a North Face jacket with fleece for about £30 which is top quality. Wont be testing in the mountains though :lol:

Got some McKenzie jumpers that were really good. And got the girls loads of nice clothes. Not designer makes but they are really nice and wash up really good too.
let's face it you get what you pay for lol but saying that i came back with beckham jeans same as ones i bought last year in turky n just as good! You gotta look around check prices out most of them give better discount the more you buy but they are cheap anyway just check labels straight etc before trying on! but loads upon loads of fakes. we went for 4 days n got back tues 26th.
Plenty of fakes in sunny beach with the prices all the same but quality was varied you could get a north face gortex jacket for 100 leva and the quality is good lacoste tshirts were about 30 lev and the quality was ok.Also plenty of fake bags,purses and belts.
I could've spent a small fortune on the fakes there, i got a billabong jumper which i absolutely love and a few other tshirts and jumpers. I managed to get my son a liverpool strip for 25 levs, i haggled a bit for that, looks just like the real strip!
i'm still wearing the fake stuff i bought in bulgaria (sunny beach) 2 years ago

i got a load of tommy hilfiger and diesal jeans, they wash great
my brother came back with some excellent fake Breitling (spelling??) watches. Has anyone else seen any nice watches??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.