Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
50 pounds a day will be more than enough, I have just answered your other posting, as you are aiming to go at the time you are, personally I would book it now.
Thanks for your help on both matters.

So £50 per day is enough for the two of us? Just wanted to double check because I'd hate to go on holiday with 1/2 as much money as needed! :D

We're looking at flying out on the 27th/28th December.
I would start looking now, the dates you want are the dates that every one else wants, so I really cant see any bargains to be had, you may get more of a bargain now, as the prices have been known to go up at that time.
we usually take around 6-700 pounds. if i can keep helga, my wife, away from the shops, we can sometimes bring money back!!!!
:cry :cry BOB
We can spend all day on the beach, eating lunch, a few beers for OH, a couple of G&T's watching the sunset and then out again for dinner & spend around £25 between us. This is eating Chinese or Indian food.

If you're ordering lobster, jumbo prawns etc you'll pay more.

Then there's the trips you'll probably want to do.
Take a look at this site to give you an idea of what trips cost:
http://www.daytrippergoa.com/index.html

You can hire a taxi for the day to go to Old Goa, not sure about the cost.

And the shopping!
Here's where you come unstuck and your budget goes out of the window!
how much spendo depends on how much you drinko
We are similar to bobthebus and take around 7 or £800 - it all depends on how we are fixed at the time. We almost always return with a couple of hundred in TC's which kick starts the savings for the next trip. You can spend as much or as little as you want really and still have a damn good time without the need to penny pinch - that's the beauty of Goa :tup
Have a lovely holiday and try and spend 50 pounds a day, but be very careful with the water sports, most of the beach guys havent got public libilerty insurance, and make you sign a disclaimer, so be very wary.... :think
What's a typical meal for two & a bottle of wine cost then in your standard pub/restaurant compared to the more expensive ones?
Wine is a whole thread I think :rofl Best stick with beer or spirits IMO. For two- two courses each and two drinks, about £12( although we have often been less)
we have never spent more than £800 and we go for 3 weeks this includes moped hire and my other halfs medication for the year approx £50 .we work on £30 per day sometimes its more others less. £50 a day is plenty.just go out there and enjoy it :tup kags :sun2 ps forgot to say he also goes golfing[leela] and sea fishing
Our last meal in Goa this year was 2 rogan josh, 1 rice, 1 garlic naan, 1 coke, 2 kings, all for just a little under £5.
4 years ago I went to the north, I rang Lynn after the first week and I had spent 50 pounds, that was eating out twice a day and a couple of beers.
Danny
When I had 'quiet' days .... no taxis... just walking and a bit of time down beach I was spending a tenner a day.

Breakfast - Omlette + Fruit + Tea
Lunch - A Snack + Beer
Evening Meal - Curry Rice & Roti + Raita, either 2 Beers or 2 G&T,

This was weeks 3 and 4 of a month holiday where you tend to spend most money within first week and done a lot of trecking and taxi expenditure.

I have had days when I wasn't drinking alcohol and spent a fiver.

You can spend whatever you want really, it's really surprising how little you can spend if you are on a low budget.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.