Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Malgrat and Santa Susanna were very quiet when I visited in October a couple of years ago for half term. We'd been to Disneyland Paris then on to Calella for the rest of the week which was good, most of Calella was open but obviously quieter than in the summer, it made a pleasant change actually. This year my mum is taking my boys to Disney again then on to Lloret, where there is always something going on. The weather is unpredictable in October, but saying that it has been unpredictable all summer this year, so just go prepared for it being cooler and if it's sunny it's a bonus! Anything will be better than October in England :lol:

Enjoy yourselves :D
i would expect the weather to be ok during the day, but you may need a fleece or jacket at night.
they do get rain/storms at that time of year so its really a question of "do you feel lucky" :D
i have had holidays in october in the past in the area and it is a bit hit or miss.
as regards to what will be open, i have always found the best guide to that is to look at thomson/airtours brochures for the area and see when they do their last trips. as long as that is after your holiday you should be fine. i know most coach companies have extended their season, i believe the shops/hotels which are truly seasonal will close for the year when thomson etc stop their trips.
Candida will you be flying or coaching ? i wouldn't mind about the weather as we had a bit of all sorts in August didn't we. Any excuse to get away , i'm off to cornwall half term week but think i would prefer Santa susanna

Lynne .
This time it's flying. However, I have looked a little bit closer at my bargain holiday and it seems it's not as good as I first thought. :(

For a start off it doesn't include a transfer from Girona to Santa Susanna, and a taxi return is approx £70. Then there is the airport parking too - another £50 ish for the week. A fuel surcharge is also to be added on to the ticket price and then of course we need holiday insurance. So, I am reconsidering.

I'll let you know what I decide! Cornwall sounds nice!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.