Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
As a regular visitor to Bulgaria, with no financial interest in the country, only someone who has many Bulgarian friends, I have been reading this thread with great interest.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions,but I agree with so much that has been said by all posters. Taxi drivers,I agree want to make their fortune during the short summer season and do have a normal job for the rest of the year. Sunny Beach is a tourist resort, and there are not many Bulgarians that actually live there from October till the following May. They are only there for about 5 months of the year and then return to their various villages. Sunny Beach is not a residential area for locals.
There is a 'mafia' crime element which still exists from the communist era and the locals are not happy with this.
My very dear friends have built up their own businesses, in the hotel(they have two small hotels) and restaurant trade and work very hard. They actually own a black 4by 4 with dark windows too.....but are not controlled by any mafia element.
What so many must consider there is still a language barrier. So many Brits think they have understood what they are being told by locals and it is so easy to misunderstand.
The word 'MAFIA' is used far too often as an excuse.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.