Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Checked the RCI 18n trips did not find the cheapest.

Be interesting to find out who is realy behind this.
Yep, I searched for a cruise I have booked and it returned zero results.

luci :wave
I think they should have waited a bit longer before they announced their launch to make sure that everything was tested properly ( maybe they thought it was )
I feel they will to make some improvements to stop users coming up with zero results when cruises are actually available
Also because they are a UK cruise comparison site, I find it a bit odd that they haven't included Cruise & Maritime,Saga or Thomson which are used by lots of British cruisers
Yes I must admit I could not understand why Thomson had not been included I know they offer a different brand of cruising to the big boys but nevertheless they play an important role in the cruising industry.
I think we will find there is some commercial influence behind this.
Cruiselines pay to get the cruises on the list
TAs pay to be included in the search.

You need access to the data and the public interfaces to the TA's and cruiselines are just not good enough to get this information.

The propblem is that the real deals involve more than just the cruise price OBC free parking free flights etc.

My guess(speculative ATM but looking for evidence) is that Expedia is behind this somewhere

They own most of the travel sites you see on the web anyway, the popular ones most cruise people have heard of are tripadvisor and cruisecritic both part of expedia.

http://www.expediainc.com/business-Media.cfm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.