Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Sounds like you had a super trip Puddleduck. Glad to hear Carmelita is still singing at the Jagua, she's a hoot isn't she. Thanks for your trip report.

Judith
Great report very nice read its 05:00 here of to Gatwick today fly to Guardalavaca Cuba on Monday for 3rd visit Cuba like a magnet it draws you back, if you go to Cuba go with an open mind and you will love it. :)
Many thanks for the trip report Dawn and the hotel review which has now been approved.

Sounds like you had a great trip and I am most surprised at you lying on a sun bed for a week and actually enjoying it!! That's not your style at at all.

Congratulations on the anniversary too.

luci :wave
Really enjoyed reading your trip report Puddledock! :tup
Hi, I'm so glad that you enjoyed it - having raved on about Cuba so much I was a bit anxious that you mightn't like it. Have PM'd you too.

SM
Thanks guys. I really can't stop raving about it. Apart from the Sancti Spritus day, it was a perfect holiday. I'm telling anyone who'll listen that their next trio needs to be Cuba.

Yes Luci, I surprised myself too!! I think it's just that by then, well.... I was on 'Cuba time'... Of course I did play the odd game of water polo and walk around the grounds. Oh and my right arm now has lots of muscles from lifting all those glasses of mojitos!! :)
Great trip report ! Well done ! It brings back so many memories from late 1998 when I've done quite a similar tour (which actually went all the way to Santiago de Cuba and Holguin with my second week in Guardalavaca).

Cuba is such a lovely country, it's definitely worth touring before setting down on the beach ...

Going back in January for 2 weeks but in Cayo Coco this time ...
Thanks guys. Some friends we met there have been bitten by the bug and are back over in Cuba as I speak. We will definitely be back to tour the other half of the island.
Can you tell me who you booked with as this sounds perfect. many thanks
Hi Sooze,
It was through First Choice.
First time we've used them as we usually DIY and I was very impressed.
PD2, your report has reignited my Cuban bug.... just booked again for November!

ATB,J.
Me too . We stayed at the sol rio Luna & mares in Guardalavaca last summer and loved cuba . Really fancied going back but we have been bitten by the caribbean bug now so moving on to Mexico this year. But next year I really would like to go back before it changes forever..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.