Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
I am thinking of booking up for 30th may next year, have spoken to someone who says it is an excellent hotel, but have read a few bad reviews about it so am a bit worried. Having been to mexico and dominican and loved both am well aware that some people whinge about anything. Any advice would be greatly appeciated. The trip is for my husband myself and 12 year old daughter. many thanks.... :?
Hi,
My wife and I will be travelling to Cuba toward the end of March 2007, I am a little confused about the visa requirements, I have looked at the other post's.

My question is I am travelling with a holiday booked through Thomson, we will be flying by Thomas Cook, will I need a Tourist Card visa and any other type of visa or is that it, and do I complete another card on the plane also.

Also How much is this

Any help would be much appreciated

many thanks

Steve
it is a couple of years since I travelled with Thomson, but at that time they did not include the cost of a tourist card in their holiday (unlike most other tour operators!) and you had to apply to the cuban embassy. This is a simple process via an internet downloadable form but you need to pay in cash or postal order!
Thomson do not supply the visa, you will have to apply for the visas yourself, you can do this by following the links below

http://www.cubaldn.com/

http://www.cubaldn.com/englishFiles/consuladoin.htm

http://www.cubaldn.com/forms/APPLICATIONFORMFORTOURISTCARD.pdf

you can also apply for a visa at visa Cuba there is a admin charge though

https://www.visacuba.co.uk/newsite/withCDinvoice/withCDinvoice1.aspx
Many thanks for the quick replies folks, will follow your advice.
One other question, the form asks for me to send a copy of the holiday tickets, these are not issued to me until very close to departure date sometimes 2 weeks, will they accept any other form of proof like the holiday invoice

Cheers
Yes send a copy of your invoice, the info they want is dates of entry exit and where you are staying, the visa is valid for 6 months from date of issue, when you get the visas remember the date format is yy/mm/dd here is a link of what the card looks like
http://www.7daysinparadise.com/gallery/album44/tourist_card
Hi, I have now received my Cuban visa 1 for me and 1 for the wife, I have a few questions, was wondering if anyone can help please.

1) There is a couple of very small tick boxes for M or F sex, do I tick these?

2) Each piece of paper includes two identical forms side by side, are they both filled out with the identical information ?

3)Boarding Point, is this the name of the airport in UK

4) I have 2 slips of paper containing 2 forms is one slip for me and the other for my wife?

Sorry for the thick questions, just paranoid about filling in correctly, after what I have heard.

Many thanks in advance

Steve
Dear Mr Monster,
In answer to your question:

1) Yes
2) Yes. Fill both in with the same info. There is a slight difference between the two in that the left hand one has an extra line to be completed (line 6) with "Country of Residence" and "Boarding Point"
3) Yes - put "London" or "Manchester" rather than Gatwick or Ringway for example.
4) Yes, one double form is for you, the other is for your wife.

On arrival in Cuba, immigration will stamp both sides of the form and then tear off and keep the left side. You need to (safely!) keep the right side and hand that in on departure.

Pay attention when completing the Date of Birth fields as the order is Year, Month, Day!

Cheers,
Jet
Many thanks for the info Jet, a great help.

Please you can call me curry, Mr Monster is is for more formal occasions :lol:
I'm booked to go with First Choice and it says that entry forms and departure tax is included in the price.

DO I need to do anything, be aware of anything, and does this include the Visa? (or is the entry form the Visa?)
You do not need to do anything other than fill in the Tourist Card (Visa) when it arrives with your tickets.
So when arriving at the Cuba airport for departure, they will already know I have paid the tax?
My understanding (which may or may not be correct) is that the Departure Tax arrangements are changing in May this year. At present you queue to pay the tax after checkin and before passport control, they are changing this so depature tax is included in the tour operator or airline costs.
There is a VIP check in service at the airport, for 20cuc you get fast tracked for a bit more info click HERE
Hi,

Just completing the Cuba Tourist Card, just need some help please.
For Birth date i.e.
15th January 1960 do I put 1960 or 60 and for January do I put 1 or 01

Is country of residence England or UK

Sorry for the thick questions, just getting paranoid about filling in correctly, any help much appreciated

Cheers

Steve
Just filled ours in, we put todays date 07/04/14 for date of issue, the date format for you D of B is 60/01/15 Country is UK same as your passport
been to cuba twice before and when we arrived there there wa a guy who did your visa while you waited has this changed now if so i best get sending for them lol
We are travelling on Thomas Cook plane in July -booked through Portland. No visas with tickets as advised on this site previously.

Applied by 1st class post Monday for visas - delivered today Wed 8)
so no panic there- just need to read the forunm and make sure I fill them out correctly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.