Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Panicking now ! Didnt even know you needed a visa for Cuba. We are going in September, have booked our own flights and booked accomodation direct with the hotel - do we need to apply for a visa?????

Heeelllp!

Jo
Hi there,
You MUST have a visa to enter Cuba. They stamp half and return half to you, you need this half to leave Cuba.

We've just returned from Cayo Coco and had an excellent holiday
Here is what you need Jo.
I was pleased to find out that our visas are included in our package holiday with First Choice, I wouldn't have known to check if it wasn't for this thread!! Thanks :tup
I have just been told on MSE that if you visit the states then you can not visit Cuba for 6 months after. Can any of you please advise me if this is true and it would mean my summer holiday is a no no as we are going to the USA in May.

Many thanks
Like Judith, in her earlier reply to your other post, I've never heard of this. It's important to remember that all the difficulties presented to travellers to Cuba re the USA are imposed by the US authorities not the Cuban government. The Cubans are primarily interested in gtting you to spend hard currency and will present few if any hurdles to you doing just that. For a more authoritive confirmation of the position why not contact the Cuban Embassy direct? I'm sure they'll put your mind at rest.

SM
JUst received message from THomson Holidays that Visas are not included but First Choice do include Visa.
Have got our tickets from First Choice for our Cuban holiday mid March but no tourist cards/visas. How long did most people wait for these to arrive??
First Choice usually send out tourist/visa under seperate cover a few days after you have received your tickets.
Starting to get worried - no sign of tourist cards from First Choice and we leave in 9 days - have tried to get thru on phone but gave up after being on hold for 30mins+ - have also emailed but no reply as of yet.
Anyone who has been to Cuba with First Choice recently??? :cry
Dont panic they will be there if not they give you one at the airport.
brewerdave,

Chances are, you'll get it early in the week. The best time to call is on a weekday about 10am if you can. You should get through straight away then. I always avoid calling on weekends and evening as it'll take forever to get through. I phoned the other week to book my diving allowance and there wasn't even a queue.

Darren
Thanks all, wanted to get it sorted cos we use the night before check in service - that way we avoid the queues early in the morning at Gatwick.
Dazbo - I'll take your advice if they haven't arrived by Wednesday. :tup
brewerdave - we are in the same position. We fly 11th March to Cuba, got our tickets about a month ago but still no Visa!!!
Lozza07 - where are you staying ? We are at Iberostar Tainos for two weeks flying with Thomsonfly.
We are satying at Iberostar Varadero (2 weeks) - we are flying with First Choice even though our flight number says TOM, I double checked with FC and they said definitely still FC flights. Hope they are telling the truth!!

Still no Visa today....
Lozza07 wrote:
we are flying with First Choice even though our flight number says TOM, I double checked with FC and they said definitely still FC flights. Hope they are telling the truth!!

:offtop You'll be flying with Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) as First Choice have merged with them on a former First Choice aircraft. Refer to the What Aircraft? thread over on the flights forum.

Darren
Lozza07, yes, we are with First Choice too - apparently all flights now are Thomsons since the merger.Thought about Iberostar Varadero but my wife wanted to go skiing in January..... and we couldn't afford both :)
No sign of the visas ... and no reply to my email to Customer Services either :que
I understand its a new visa/card now, as from February much easier to fill in
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.