Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Sorry, but I think that we are being ripped off.........by our goverment.......they couldn't organise a p..s up in a brewery.
If we are in Europe we should be in the euro and our clocks should be European time.
Then we'd need to change our watches when we go to Lanzarote. :think

Sorry, can't agree with you there.
the discussion is about what the euro is like in lanzarote, not what our government should be doing. please keep in topic.

admin
You are entitled to your opinion and me to mine.
my switch card does not have a visa symbol just cirrhus (spelling) and maestro, could I still use it in the ATMs.

Gail
I think so but I don't know what rate you'll get.

You should check with your bank before you go.
just had my nationwide statement was drawing money out of atm machine by netto in costa tequise by las cucharas beach end was getting 1 18 1 19 tobacco shop up road was doing 1 15 so it may be worth using machines
I know, I've been banging on about it for yonks. :D
1.01 in pto del carmen today. OUCH...... :que
PDC cash 1.05 Nationwide card 1.06. Not a lot in it. Barclaycard 1.02 inc. commission.
VISA rate is 1.12 today.

it seems to be creeping back up again.

I hope it continues. :D
We've just booked PDC for March. :sun2 The exchange rate hasn't put us off! Looks like the ATM's are the way to go, but I'll have to keep an eye out.
Yey!!! :cheers Well done GQB!!!! I think that if people book knowing that the exchange rate is going to be rubbish, and that things are going to cost just as much as they would in UK, then everyone should have a good holiday!! After all, the weather is surely going to be better than UK :sun2
I'm not sure if this is off topic, I hope not and apologies if it is. However I would like know how the high price of the euro against the pound is effecting the prices of food and drinks in restaurants/bars etc? I am going for a week at the end of March and I can't wait! Many thanks
Not sure whether it's the Euro-pound war that's to blame but prices seem to be generally not cheap. My dad's just phoned me from the airport on his way back from 2 weeks hol in PDC. His first words were, it was lovely but expensive. Mind you they've never been before so I can't tell you whether the prices were more than they have been recently. What he did sya was that after they'd been there a few days they'd sussed out the more expensive places and avoided them. He said prices on drinks fluctuated terrifically. One example he gave was at the pool bar they paid 5.50 euros for 2 drinks, whilst one bar in the town was charging 12 euros for the same 2 drinks :really He told me some places wanted 2.40 euros for a small bottle of tonic.
The lesson is to shop around if you can and I'm sure you'll find reasonable prices. Have a good holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.