Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
What is the best card to use in Marmaris at the ATM machines etc. We usually take cash and change it there.
But going for 3 weeks this time so don't want to carry too much cash. Will appriciate your advice everyone.
Alan
forgot to ask what the charges are at the ATM's
got 2.72 in Tesco's today so bought some for my daughter ready for her holidays later this month
The rate out here at the moment is 2.85, we're getting 2.80 when we change our money.

Les
Hi all...

Any of you out there bought any currency recently? What is current rate in resort? We only going in July, but just wanted to see what the crak was! :cheers
Last Monday(16th) we got 2.82 from HSBC in Altinkum.

Les
Hello

Can anyone tell me the exchange rate at the moment for GBP and Eur to Turkish Lira.

Thank you

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Hi Kim, at the moment it is 2.84 to GBP so expect to get about 2.77. It is 2.30 to the Euro.

Les
Thanks Les. That's higher than we have normally had - so good news for us (or should I say more efes for us) :)
We've been getting upwards of 2.74 to the GBP all Winter which is a far cry from 2010 when it was down to 2.20 !!

Les
Some people in Icmeler at the moment have reported that they are getting up to 2.84tl in resort at shops and bars. :tup
Thank you. I am in Turunc but will go to Marmaris to change money.
13 more sleeps :cheers
Kim
Kim,No need to go all the way to Marmaris.The rates are good in Icmeler.
Best Supermarket just off the main Dolmus route,top of the square have always given one of the best exchange rates.
We used the Wembley Bar in the old village last year and got 2.80tl in October.
On thursday my daughter went into thomsons to see what the rate was for lira, she was quoted 2.50tl ... went next door to thomas cooks and got it at 2.7001 . i normally get mine at tescos for around 2.72tl .... can some one tell me where the best place would be to get it... i know its probably better to get it while over there next month... but i prefer to get it a bit at a time as and when i can afford it.. so i know exactly what i have for my spends! :think
Hi,

Best rates today are Travelex 2.74tl Dawson and Sanderson 2.735tl

You can also use this site HERE
mitchellclr wrote:
can some one tell me where the best place would be to get it

Money Saving Expert as basil brush 4 is a good comparrisson site to see who's offering what at a glance. On the high street though, the Post Office (2.74 as I type) and The Money Shop (2.71 as I type) are both pretty competative. I've been using one of them mainly for the last couple of years. You will get slightly more in-resort though and remember £10 notes are normally good bargaining tools too!

Darren
We usually buy our Lira in turkey , but my mate says he changed his last week in UK for 280tl - £1 & said I would loose out if I waited till July when we go & it would most probably be down around 250tl ...what do the members think ..any help much apprieciated

Stephen
Cruisecontroller wrote:
We've been getting upwards of 2.74 to the GBP all Winter which is a far cry from 2010 when it was down to 2.20

DOA it's up to you but the rate has been consistently high since last May, as my quote shows. Traditionally, in Winter, the rate drops but it didn't and even as I speak, you are looking at a rate of at least 2.80. The Turkish economy is on a rising curve and I don't foresee the exchange rate dropping. The rates i'm talking about are actually in Turkey, whereby only yesterday it was at 2.95 for a time.

Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.