Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
cycling
10 Posts
Can't speak for others but I can just about walk in the heat, the thought of cycling :yikes maybe thats why you haven't had much response, you must be fit.
I always hire a push bike - hire them the evening before I need them as I like to set off early morning and the places in Calangute where I hired them from only open around 10am so too late for me. They cost about 70rps a day - you aren't allowed to take them on the beach as it ruins the bike - if/when you spot these bikes you'll know why that is so funny. I've cycled Calangute to Vagator (although I have to own up to having to push it back up the hill from the beach to the Mango pub). I've done Calangute to Panjim, popping over on the ferry, and Cavelossim to Colva. Looking forward to doing much the same in a weeks time :)
hey

big-knicker-shaz, i have seen those push bikes, but never found a place to hire them. please make sure you have the bikes papers with you and your licence. i have heard the police are checking at every corner. the police have just become annoying now ! you are going in a week... !!! god... i wish i could too...i am going in jan

Debgreg, yes i am fit !! i walk, cycle,swim etc. that takes care of my fitness :tup

OWT
oneworldtraveller :wave:
Are you saying that you now need a licence and paper work, to hire a push-bike :think it's new to me x lassi
Hiring a bicycle in North Goa is virtually impossible, spent a week looking. Although there is a place up the lane from The Ronil hire for 80 RS a day. They are old style bikes but actually OK, the tyres were good and fully inflated and good brakes. Cycled from Calangute to Vgator and back and every day from Baga River to Anjuna, once you get on the back roads it's fantastic.
Forgot to mention that I arrived at 1pm to hire a bike, they said bring back at 10am, I said no 12.00. It worked.

Oh and cycling is much easier than walking and quicker.
thanks big neil , my have to look into hiring a bike..
hi lassigirl, i am not sure if you need the licence for the push bike, but you need the papers. make sure the push bike u are hiring has the bikes' papers

but you definatly need a licence if you are hiring a bike, (including scooty) and the bikes papers.
BKS told me where to hire the bikes when we've been before. TINY place in Calangute by the fish market..opposite the Temple. In fact...we'd BOTH had the same bike one year - he only has a few and she recognised it from the picture I sent her! :D Weren't that adventurous just rode up to Anjuna as we had to be back in time for LinB's wedding on the beach! Wasn't quite sure when I rounded a bend and was confronted by the rear end of the temple elephant, whether I should stop...or risk cycling around it! LOL!

We also hired bikes when we went down to Palolem for a few days. On the rhs on the main road going towards the beach. I made sure I took his mobile number too in case we got a puncture!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.