Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi All,

as i have read through this thread ive seen a few people going around late august .. just wondering is anyone going between 22nd aug - 5th sept? thats when im out there staying in protaras only wondering just to see who else is going out this time of year :D

Last year went to Protaras on 9th Aug - 23rd Aug and not saying this is a bad thing or anything but the beach was full of locals and we couldnt get a space on fig tree bay beach for a whole week , hubby dont like the swimming pool as much would rather go in the sea wich we couldnt! so we did give a visit to cape greco beach anyone been there around here?, i dont think we will go around that time of year again though thats why we have booked for late august :D

Enjoy your holidays everyone!
CourtneeLouise
Try Pissouri between Limassol and Pafos...
Ok will do!
Thanks Jim
We ususally go to Cyprus at the end of Aug (23rd - 6th Sept). Thats when we're going next year. I like the end of Aug as the way I look at it - while everyone else has had their holida, ive still got mine to look forward to!
We always go the first 2 weeks in September.
We stay week 1 in Larnaca and week 2 in Pissouri.
Plenty hot enough, plenty of room on the beaches etc.

Mark
We usually go the first 2 weeks in september but are going on the 23rd this year, as for fig tree bay, i can see the point of it being busy in August, but we are usually there for 8-830 in the morning, many people roll up at 11 and then moan they cant get a place.
Hi All,

as i have read through this thread ive seen a few people going around late august .. just wondering is anyone going between 22nd aug - 5th sept? thats when im out there staying in protaras only wondering just to see who else is going out this time of year Very Happy

Last year went to Protaras on 9th Aug - 23rd Aug and not saying this is a bad thing or anything but the beach was full of locals and we couldnt get a space on fig tree bay beach for a whole week , hubby dont like the swimming pool as much would rather go in the sea wich we couldnt! so we did give a visit to cape greco beach anyone been there around here?, i dont think we will go around that time of year again though thats why we have booked for late august Very Happy

Enjoy your holidays everyone!
CourtneeLouise

Hi,
My wife will be there on the 22 aug in Protaras,i will follow on the 29(work)
my eldest daughter is already there staying with her grandparents:)
So she gets to stay for a month the wife and youngest daughter 2 weks and me 1 week :shock:

Oh n just for the record flight with FC 69 quid one way :)
I think you mean Konnos bay :wink:
Oooh i cannot wait! We fly out on Weds.... 8)

We left it until last minute and it's costing us £1077 for 2 adults and 1 chd (well she is going as an adult as it's cheaper), for 2 weeks SC at the Elamaris in Pernera. Think that's about price.

Must admit i found it expensive compared to Greek Islands, for Accom etc - but the other half loves Cyprus and he says it's worth paying for.

If you fall in love with somewhere - i think most people will pay for. Our sister in law is a travel agents manager and she says prices are higher this year due to the fact that most people are fleeing the awful weather we've had whicxh is certainly bumping up prices. Travel agents have their quite perios end of August/ September and this year they are busy, busy, busy!!
Price wise there is nothing in it, only the flights seem more expensive here...we can sail in a day to Rhodes from Limassol, and it is certainly not cheaper there, I can eat and drink a lot cheaper in CY...a fact!!

Just enjoy your stay here, worry about money all the rest of the year.. 8)

have fun!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.