Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
''Jim

Why might the rally not be taking place in Cyprus anymore?

Is it to do with sponsorship or safety ... any ideas?

Top Gear have used Cyprus before to test out a 4 x 4, would've thought that it was ideal''

It is reported locally that with Turkey, Australia,and Cyprus of course will not hold 2007 world rally rounds, it is being appealed but I think this will be the last, the WRC do not give reasons for there actions on this...I guess too hot and dusty maybe?.
i am staying at the olympic hotel in agia napa and wamt to know the best place to see the rally, i read that it goes past agia napa church is that anywhere near nissi beach, i have looked at the maps, on the links, but can't really make any sense of them!!!!!!? also does anybody know how much it is just to go into the normal stands nothing flash.
what would be the cheapest way to get from nissi beach to Limasol to watch the rally, prices needed for 2 adults and 2 children. Also how long does it take to get there from Nissi beach??
Probably cheaper to hire a car if you can find one who will hire for one day.
Many insist on minimum 3 days hire.

Mark
OH MY !!!

You remember the Jeep Safari that I hark on about ! ? Well I didn't realise that part of it is on the Rally Route !! hope those boys have taken their brave tablets... !! :shock:

its bad enough at 20mph in a landrover... but doing 100mph in a 500bhp rally car with a thousand feet drop to the side !!

good luck...
Steve if you watch the rally look out for car number 64 it is my son in law..a Subaru Impreza group N..I will be at the special stage in Limassol town on Sunday..see you there?
I'd love to go Jim but Mrs Ask and little Ask are not upto going up there again... costa a lot to be scared syndrome...LOL... besides. I'm not sure I can take the scare... good luck to your lad... its blinking high up, up there.... and one wrong touch ... never realised where these stages where... !!.... (anyone who's not been up the Troodos mountain trails.. imagine the path through your local park/nature reserve, make it a little wider.. a littler rougher.. and about 2000 feet higher with a sheer drop... and then some.....)
Not going up there Steve, (although I have a few times) I am watching that special stage in Limassol (track)...on Sunday.

unfortunately son in law is out this morning, steering box failed...shame.
bet he's gutted Jim, pity I'm sure it would have been a great job he made of it...(unless he's just had a look up troodos and decided against it.. maybe he's faked the problems... LOL )
Askcy, you want to try the 'road' from Lara to Neo Chorio! :shock: Trish (not being good with heights) was in tears. We were in a Rav 4.

"We've got to carry on now. We're over half way." Nasty man. :twisted:
I'll either kill or cure her.

Mark
Don't think so Steve....he finished last time and he was 15th, not bad from a privateer..
  • Edited by jimbox 2006-09-25 09:31:02
I didn't really think he was Jim... LOL

15th is pretty good for anyone !....

so some of it on tv at the back of a bar somewhere last night... didn't look half as scary on tv... LOL
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.