Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Yep me :)
Fly Sept 20th. Gonna go with the flow with regard to best places as its my first time :oops:
I am sure Jimbox's son in law took part in this last year, so maybe he will have some good suggestions.

Kath HT Admin
Yes I will be watching Kiki as a co driver, also did you hear that it is NOT being held on Cyprus next year, shame I hope the appeal goes through successfully..

As for places to watch I will need to see the rout map, I will get back to you on this when I know.

see you there.
can anyone please tell me what part of the island this takes place? as i too am flying out on the 20th sept from humberside and would love to have a look
thanks
Hi

This website is really good and has good route maps on for the 3 legs of the Rally.

http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy/
A couple of years ago we went to a Classic Car Rally 'up Troodos'.
Ended at the Forest Park Hotel.
An enjoyable day out.
Never seen the Cyprus Rally proper.
One day though, maybe.

Mark
Morning Sports fans!

Had a chat with the son in law and he tells me that this year they are having a downtown section (DTS) around the streets of old Limassol town, this is the first and probably last time so this is where you will find me..

Maybe see you there..
Hi Jim

What date is on? Hubby might fancy having a look if it's when we're over :D

Helenxx
Hi Helen

Have you checked out this site: http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy/

You might find some info there ?

Kath HT Admin
Hi Kath

I saw that after I'd asked Jim the date...........sorry not right awake :oops:

Unfortunately we fly home on the 27th september :(

Helenxx
Misunderstand the last line bluebabe...you will be there for the rally if you fly home 27th :?:

Its on 22nd - 24th
Helen

I thought that it was 21 - 24th September this year so you should not miss it if you fly back on 28th September.

Viv
How's that for timing - we must've posted that Pubdog at exactly the same time!!!
Thanks guys............dozy here was looking at the wrong thing :oops:

told you I wasn't right awake :lol:

Helenxx
flying out on 17th.. erm plus 2 weeks.. I should be there... .. so is it just around Lemesos then?
No never said it was around Limassol but I guess Cyprus being so small you could say that!! this may be the last world rally held on the island..sad!
wouldn't be anywhere around the Troodos Mountain trails would it?.. bet I've been on some of it, if it is..
If you go to the website mentioned earlier

http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy

you will see that there are route maps for the 3 different legs of the rally.

It looks like it covers a wide area. I'm sure that you will be able to get to see some of it.
Jim

Why might the rally not be taking place in Cyprus anymore?

Is it to do with sponsorship or safety ... any ideas?

Top Gear have used Cyprus before to test out a 4 x 4, would've thought that it was ideal...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.