Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
hi

i would say you should be entitled to compensation but probably best to ring ros the solicitors on here they are very friendly and helpful and usually pam answers the phone, they are the best ones that can give you accurate advise, good luck let us know how you get on
What a shame, especially as the holiday was only 7 nights. Can you let us know how you get on? We are flying in 2 weeks with a carrier of bad delay reputation so would be interested to see how you get on. Good luck.
I've emailed Ros, I'll let you know how I get on.
Hi Sarah sorry to hear about your delay :cry:
but guess what, we had exactly the same problem on our flight to cayo coco on the 23rd of this month supposed to fly at 09:30 on the wednesday but ended up flying at 11:45 on thursday. Have heard that with new legislation any flight delayed over 12 hours with a destination over 3500 km are entitled to a compensation. Ros or anyone in the know is this true? If it is could you advise on how to go about getting this compensation
It's nice to know I'm not alone!

I tried to find out about the new legislation but all I could find was about them having to put you up in a hotel and feed you, nothing about any actual compensation. I asked at the travel agents and they said there isn't any new rules about it. But I'm taking everything they tell me with a pinch of salt. What travel agent did you fly with?
Sarah,
I suggest you ring Ros rather than email as she will be able to assist you a lot quicker.

Emails to her go through a third party and can take a while to get answered.

HTH

Van :wave
Oh, ok. The email to ros@ bounced back, so I sent it to info@ instead. I tried ringing during my lunch hour but it was constantly engaged. I can't make personal calls during working hours, but I'll try again during lunches next week.
Sorry didn't realise you were at work...

If you download the safe and sound brochure from here:

Page 17-21 contains details on your new rights for delayed / cancelled flights.

HTH

Van
I suppose the new rights will not cover you if you fly to the US with a US carrier??
Just read an interesting article on The Jamaica Gleaner. It stated that Air Jamaica lost $500k last weekend due to London to Jamaica delays, as they had to pay each passenger the £400 compensation! May well be worth pursuing your case.
I suppose the new rights will not cover you if you fly to the US with a US carrier??

The rights cover you on any airline flying into or out of an EU country, so yes a US flight would be liable if it was a flight from/to the UK.

HTH

Van
Just wondering what the outcome from this was? Did you get any compensation?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.