Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
It's not clear from your post what you want compensated for. Did you have any financial loss? If they put you up and fed you then you probably weren't out of pocket.
Did you miss a days work? If so maybe your travel insurance would reimburse you.
You weren't "Denied Boarding" - that's a term used when they over-reserve a flight and turn away people with apparently valid tickets.

Your issue is Delay. This is normally covered by insurance but there is a European Court ruling (not EC261/2004) which now may offer compensation but read the notes. see http://www.auc.org.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=4404 and make sure you click on and study the notes maked "extraordinary circumstances". Since you are arguing based on a fairly recent court ruling I wouldn't expect them to pay anything without another court battle. You would have top find and study the ECJ ruling, then find out the true reason for the delay before starting the case.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.