Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I amn't really a shopping person on holiday but we did have a day round the centres in Bangkok in April. I was looking for designer bags but was disappointed with the prices(Singapore was far better).OH was looking a specific brand of trainers and found them to be either on par with the Uk or even dearer. Same went for jeans. I'm sure there are bargains- but just not what we were looking for. Paragon is the centre to go to- it has all the big names.
We were in Bangkok last May. We found most of our bargains in Moo chit market (also known as Chatuchak). if you can stand the heat its well worth a visit, really easy to find - use the skytrain and its signposted as Moo Chit. There is a real Lacoste shop in Patpong which is much cheaper than here.
Also found some bargains in MBK in Bangkok but the best bargains we found were in Chaweng in Koh Samui, lots and lots of copy designer stuff (bags, clothes, cd's you name it) and most were very good quality. (yes I did come back with HEAPS)! Be prepared to haggle though.
hehe nice, as long as the fakes are decent looking fakes im not fussed!
handy though coz the last week of my holiday will be in Koh Samui. 8)
Strangly enough I've found the quality of the fakes often better than the real thing...brought back some Billabong and Quiksilver lookie likies this year (not that I give a monkeys for the name, I go more on quality of an item), compared them with the real stuff in the UK and could not tell them apart. Often find the shirts last for years...more than I can say for stuff bought in M&S and Gap.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.