Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
hi Chantelle, You will be able to get virtually any sports gear makers like Adidas,Nike,Reebok etc. Other names like Lacoste,Von Dutch,Deisel,Timberland,Polo are in an absolute abundance and perhaps some of our lady members can assist on other items.

It is a "fake" paradise and the clothing quality is excellent.

8) The Toonman
Handbags are great, shoes and sandals galore, all excellent value.

The only fakes I would NOT recommend are the "regular" brands of cigarettes you can buy. Victory are the local cigs which are fine and now cost just under £1 per packet after the recent tax increases.

You'll be in shopping heaven.

Patka
We went last year, bought allsorts, clothing, trainers, hand-bags etc. all fine. watches (dirt-cheap) didn't last long. Pottery(not that cheap) didn't last long.
Hi, My son's are saving their pocket money hoping to buy 'fakes' on our first visit to Sunny beach. Can anyone please tell me the prices. for example lacoste tracksuits, polo shirts etc. Many thanks.
Was in SB last year and the clothes are still as cheap as ever their underwear is very good as my wife bought a lot of new underwear for herself and our 16 year old son. She got a Helly Hanson fake zip up cardigan for £5 the only problem I would say is watch the sizing. If your sons are going out with you make sure they try the clothes on if possible.
Hi, Timberland reversible coat cost wife about £10. Most trainers about £10-£15. Sweatshirts about £5. Premier Leage football tops fron Nicky's football shop opposite Saturn hotel also about £10.

8) The Toonman
We used to buy loads of new clothes before we went on holiday, but since we went to turkey its a nearly empty suitcase for us.I know bulgarias just the same, most of the fakes are brought over from turkey anyway.I have had clothes last for ages,but like you said watch the sizing as im a extra large over there and a medium here.Best trying them on.
I to will be saving my pocket money.. :)
Steve
Want to go Bulgaria this year with a bunch of mates, should be great i reckon!

Hey ... did anybody see any $tone Island, €tienne Ozeki or any kinda makes like that around while they were there on holiday?

What other brand names did you guys see there? and by how much is it cheaper to buy the clothes from Varna then Sunny beach, is it a big difference in price?

Many thanks!
Sunny Beach is a resort just for tourists, no-one actually lives there so therefore the prices are for the tourists. Bourgas, the nearest city to Sunny Beach is where the Bulgarians live so the prices are geared to what the Bulgarians can afford. Varna is the nearest city to Golden Sands which is also a purpose-built resort with no-one actually living there either.

Patka
Oh right i see. Thanks patka for the great info!

Did anybody see any brand names for the designer clothes such as $tone Island, €tienne Ozeki while on holiday?!

Thanks!
Yes watch the fake clothing. i buy XL in uk and their xxl was too small for a Diesel zip sweatshirt. Its nice but not big enough.

Some of the quality is not best cotton either you have to shop around. This was Sunny Beach. Good luck Stuart
Hi,

On the whole the fakes are excellent quality, and wash up lovely.
They are also great for winter, but zipps have gone in some of my bargains!

Yours,
Brad 8)
Varna is the nearest city to Golden Sands which is also a purpose-built resort with no-one actually living there either

Varna is not a purpose built resort, it is actually the third largest city in Bulgaria with a population (not tourist) of 350,000, there is an area of Varna that has developed in to a tourist resort area.

It was an inhabited place even before the Greeks established the colony of Odessos there about 580 BC and is a mix of ancient, medieval, renaissance and modern.

You can find museums, galleries, seaside park (lovely gardens) ancient Roman Spa bath etc and also well worth visiting is the impressive Varna Cathedral PICTURE the city now has quite a cosmopolitan feel to it.

This is where local Bulgarians go for all their main shopping needs and has a full range of shops.
The prices are a bit cheaper FOR SOME THINGS in Varna than in the main tourist resorts, but if you can price anything you want to buy in resort first as you may end up pricing 'genuine' not fake label items in Varna and they will be much dearer.

One small word of warning, there can be a lot of children on the street who may come up to you begging, but this looks to be a trick, as I have witnessed all the children handing over any money collected to one person and they get a small payment back, and then go back on to the street begging again.

See more infoHEREand HERE
Hi Kiltman-Graham,

Varna is not a purpose built resort....

As a well-travelled visitor to Bulgaria, I am sure Patka is well aware of that - her post, which you quoted "Varna is the nearest city to Golden Sands which is also a purpose-built resort with no-one actually living there either" refers to Varna as a city the rest of the quote should be read "Golden Sands (which is also a purpose-built resort with no-one actually living there either)" refers back to her earlier statement "Sunny Beach is a resort just for tourists, no-one actually lives there". :wink:
Regards,

Baldur
Thanks Baldur,

Most of my friends live there, Varna that is, not the purpose-built resort of Golden Sands, after spending about 2 years there in total, I guess I know the place. Cant wait to get back in September.

Patka
:whoops sorry Patka :oops:

I had misread the way you had posted that, as a big fan of Bulgaria I was a bit on the defensive there.

To everybody else I really must suggest that you go to Varna and enjoy everything that this lovely city has to offer, and it has a lot to offer everybody.

Thanks Baldur for pointing that out :wink
Graham
Hi Graham

No worries, we are staying in Varna itself this year, because for us it has far more to offer than the resorts. We will be much nearer our friends and as you say it has its own tourist resort area but the prices will be geared to the Bulgarian level. The kids are only really to be found around the Cathedral area and are not a major problem, nothing like the Far East.

Patka
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.