Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Dining
4 Posts
The best thing to do is to go and see the Dining Room Manager who will be on duty to deal with things.
Sometimes you can see him in the afternoon or sometimes he is there just before the first seating. Just explain and request that you share with your friends. He will have a plan with all the seating options and will allocate you a table accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Sue
Hi missed this earlier,

Get both of the Thomsons booking numbers and get one of the agent to link the bookings with thomsons, better chance of getting the table for 8, If same agent it should be no problem. If the agent woill not do it phone thomsons.
Yes this is correct. You can have your bookings cross referenced. However this does not always work as last year travelling with a friend each with our own room we had different tables.
I just went down to the Restaurant Manager and he relocated us at the same table.
My advice would be to check your table no which will be in your room on arrival. If they are the same then fine if not do the above.
This year in October we travelled again with a X ref. checked out the table no's and we were both at the same table. It is never an issue only if the second or first sitting is full and even then it is always possible.
I am on the QM2 in February and when I booked I was wait listed for late seating. Checking my booking on line I have got the seating I requested. Travelling alone I always ask for a table of 8 and this means that there will be enough scope to have some if not all whom you can relate to.
If I was ever at a table where there was a problem then I simply ask for a change of table. I have also been invited to dine with some of the people I knew from Cruise Critic and an extra chair was put in to accommodate me.

Don't worry just try the X ref and then check the table no's once you are aboard. ENJOY!!!

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.