Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Alfresco dining
8 Posts
Hello there,

Where to start really? You said you holidayed in July this year, so because July/August are high season and the temperature is, well, hot, everyone wants to sit outside, and if the hotel you stayed in, didn't have much in the way of dining al fresco' then I can see your problem.

So, here we go, and because destination not a problem, then I will list hotels for you in different areas, all 5* AI, all have at least 2 a la carte restaurants, all have dining areas outside, that are big enough to take a fair few bums on seats.

BELEK

Cornelia De Luxe. Has main dining area, plus outside tables for all sittings, not a huge area, but ample. The Hedera dining area near the swim up villas has outdoor breakfast eating, plus doubles as a la carte in the evening. Excellent food too. Chinese a la carte, is outside, as is the Turkish. Both quite small, (Chinese the smaller of the 2) but beautiful food. The Florian a la carte is located inside. Main dining area food, can be sometimes a little disappointing, but the a la cartes more than make up for it.

All The Papillon hotels, (Zeugma, Belvil and Ayscha) Have a number of a la cartes that are outside. The fish, Italian and Mexican. Also, the main dining areas have good sized outdoor eating zone. and some of the best food we have ever eaten.Plus the gala night is amazing.

Susesi De Luxe. Excellent dining here, al fresco dining at a premium, but the booking can be a little hit and miss, and stressed some guests out, the steaks here are the best, and the cakes, well, get ready to put about 2 stone a week on.

Xanadu. Good a la cartes, the main dining room offered eating outside, and the secret garden cafe, where you could eat breakfast and lunch near the pool. Evenings where sometimes a bit push and shove, and the a la cartes are set around the main dining area. Excellent food though. Good bbq, chefs come into the gardens and cook anything and everything. Wonderful.

Kemer, (Beldibi)

Renaissance Hotel and Spa. Excellent dining experience here. The fish and Turkish restaurant are large enough to seat quite a few guests,and the fish one is overlooking the sea, beautiful, the main dining area has plenty of outdoor seating too. Good waiter service.

DALAMAN REGION

Fethiye. Letoonia Resort. Excellent hotel. It's on its own peninsula, and is having a total refurb as we speak. Fish a la carte on beach, Turkish under the stars, and the Sushi is more out than in. 3 Main dining areas too, 2, that are outdoors, one enclosed but very airy. Beautiful food here, and wonderful views. I expect this hotel will up its game quite a bit when all the renovation is completed.

Olu Deniz. Sun City Hotel.( also known as NOA Sun Holiday Village) Quite small hotel really, but nice food, and outdoor dining. Nothing special by way of extras, but, nice outdoor dining, and very near lagoon.

Ovacik, (less touristy, very beautiful quiet town, up from olu, about 75 to 90 minutes transfer time) The Hotel Greenland.Maybe a few no nos' here, but very good outdoor eating area, and excellent rooms. Modern and light. Not near beach though! worth a look.

BODRUM REGION.

Torba.

Torba. Hotel Club Izer. Beautiful little hidden hotel. Right on beach, 3 a la cartes, Turkish, Fish and Italian, you have the choice of dining at one of them in your stay, and the others, I think you have to pay a small premium. Views amazing, and there is also a roof terrace. Small hotel, less than 200 rooms, but as peaceful or rowdy as you want. Good pools too.

Rixos. Amazing Hotel, The Mexican, Italian, Turkish and Fish are outdoors, all serve the most beautiful food. There is a French a la carte too, (indoors) and a Japanese which does have a charge, quite high, so we didn't bother, about £85 per couple!? Also a private island, that serves drinks and snacks during the day, and at night comes alive with a party atmosphere and fireworks. A1 hotel.

Gumbet

WOW Bodrum Resort. Excellent main dining area, outdoor section very good. Italian, Turkish and Fish all outdoors, all serve good food, and the views are spectacular. Quiet pool section away from slides etc, serves beer, coffee and tea until 6ish. Lovely staff, and one of the best guest relations ever.

Ersan Resort and Spa, (nearer to Bodrum,) Beautiful location, but not much choice with a la cartes only have the choice of 1 out of the 2, but food excellent, and outdoor area is excellent.

Turgutreis
La Blanche Hotel. Beautiful location, excellent beach. Good outdoor dining, Asian, Turkish and fish a la carte's. Eat under the stars. The main dining area can be a little hit and miss, but excellent outdoor area, especially breakfast and lunch times where the seating is so easy to get.
Excellent choice of food, and wonderful sunsets. The little Mexican cafe bar opens 6 days at lunch time, and serves outdoors the best fajitas, burritos, tacos', chips and dips, and all included in your holiday.

Aegean Dream Resort. 5 minute walk from the La Blanche, here too an excellent location. 3 a la cartes, and an extra one should you book the select rooms, booking a select room also enables you to use the a la cartes every night if you so wish.It has a rooftop lounge, where you can take breakfast, and catch a few rays too. Turkish a la carte is wonderful. Too much food though. Pool area a bit crowded, but there are jetties to chill on, which is better.

Kadikalesi, (nr. Turgutreis)

Yelken Resort Hotel. Haven't got a lot of information on this one, I haven't stayed here, but I am led to believe it is wonderful, so maybe worth a look.

So, a few to look at, I would say that in high season it is always better to eat slightly later, that way, the kids have usually eaten and are going to the junior disco with the animation team, or at a lot of the above listed hotels the kids have their own dining area, so mum and dad are able to get some peace and quiet. A la cartes are always best booked asap, some allow you to book in advance, some only allow you to book on the day, usually from 9 in the morning from your room, or from phones around the reception. Information on how to book will be given at each individual hotel.

I would say with any hotel you short list, do your research, listen to positives as well as negatives, and don't be put off with horror stories, weigh up how many good points against bad...............noone can like everything but some hotels get it almost spot on.

Hope this helps you,

:gluck
WOW Triflebum, you really know your hotels don't you? Very useful post!
Can I add Concorde resort and spa on Lara Beach - wonderful food - BBQ restaurant is outside.Main restaurant has large outside seating area too. Lunchtime restaurants are also outside.....

Denny
Wow :cheers what a wonderful reply
was at Sentido Perissia Hotel formerly Paloma Perissia Hotel in July
location Side.

Very impressed with the hotel , but the 'rush' for the outside tables
( ashamed to say I only lost once :cry ) was wrong.
Will study your list with interest.

The hotel was 5 star AI with a number of a la carte restaurants but I was happier
'grazing' on the buffet in the main dining area.

Again , many thanks

Ps anyone like to add to the list
Hiya

Denny, I haven't stayed at this hotel, but I have heard that it is wonderful. Only stayed in Lara Beach area once, hotels are amazing, but the outside is just another hotel, then another hotel....... and we do like to wander about, but, if you just want to chill at luxury hotels then Lara Beach is wonderful.
Limak Lara, and Royal Wings are meant to be excellent too? I wont name the hotel we stayed at, because it disappointed us a little, and it is unfair to gripe about a hotel that others love. It is down to personal choices, and I prefer to list hotels that I think are excellent............is that ok?

Stayed at the Perissia (Paloma) when we were there, and the reason I didn't list it is purely because we had that problem of the mad rush for the outside seating too, mayhem..........food wonderful, and the fish a la carte was excellent. Turkish was our favourite though. Brilliant hotel, just wished I could have driven one of the vintage cars home. Was the lady still at the piano bar? had a few laughs there of an evening.

Another excellent hotel to try in this region is the Voyage Sorgun, it is outside of Side, near Manavgat, oh what a chain of hotels this is, we are going to the Voyage Torba in May. Have a look at their web site, all voyage hotels are listed, and each a la carte has the menu listed too. Sorry I can't give you the link because I haven't met the amount of posts needed to allow me to put on links, but maybe someone else can give the info. Easy enough to find though. Just google voyage hotels, and follow links from there.

Think you have enough to keep you going for a few minutes.......lol

:tup
Well the Perissia (Paloma) set the standard.
Would return if I could always sit outside
The animation team were really hard working , if mad , and the morning dance!!
But as was disappointed with Side , will be looking in other regions.

Sitting here with the Thomas cook and Thomson booklets .
Then please try Torba or Gumbet, Olu Deniz or Fethiye. Ab Fab, and believe me, you will find some hotels that will just make you go "WOW"

If you thought Perissia was brilliant, look at Rixos Bodrum, Voyage Belek, and the amazing Voyage Torba.

Side is such a beautiful beach area of Turkey, but the town has become so much of a hassle getting from one end to another, that I think a lot of people just stay away, which is such a shame, I loved it there, and thought I would never find anything to compare, but I have,......and then some.

Look through Thomsons too, some of the hotels are with them on the platinum package, and you get a little more for your money.
I have only stayed in Side. I know you've said you're looking at other places, but the Arum has lots of outdoor space (although in july we still found it too hot to eat outside...and our favourite waiter had his set of tables inside). But then we always went outside the hotel for drinks after dinner, so wanted to be relatively cool before walking to the bars!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.