Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
to me its simple, at the time of your booking you made a contract to be in the newer hotel the Royal Asarlik Beach and direct holidays have broke the contract, sue them for breach of contract. Have you got this years brochure what shows the different prices between the 2 hotels. Its ok for them to say it was merged into one hotel but if you have paid more for a certain type of room then they should compansate you the difference in cost and for loss of enjoyment. Don't mess around with abta because they are there to represent the tour op and not you, take them to the small claims court for breach of contract. You could tell the court you need to book another holiday to the same standard of hotel you were booked into but the cost is higher, you can sue for that and compensation.
can't think of a username wrote:
to me its simple, at the time of your booking you made a contract to be in the newer hotel the Royal Asarlik Beach and direct holidays have broke the contract, sue them for breach of contract. Have you got this years brochure what shows the different prices between the 2 hotels. Its ok for them to say it was merged into one hotel but if you have paid more for a certain type of room then they should compansate you the difference in cost and for loss of enjoyment. Don't mess around with abta because they are there to represent the tour op and not you, take them to the small claims court for breach of contract. You could tell the court you need to book another holiday to the same standard of hotel you were booked into but the cost is higher, you can sue for that and compensation.

Like your style, just whatb I thought, If i can prove this by way bof the brochure then I am laughing but as I booked on line last october how do I get a brochure?

Will keep trying tough
Thanks
Al
I've just checked my copy of Direct Holidays 2009 Summersun brochure and i shows the Asarlik as a 4 star all inclusive hotel. Nostalgia rooms are mentioned at the bottom off the price panel, offering these as an option at a £1 per person reduction per night each. The same reduction is shown in the new 2010 brochure, with no mention of refurbished rooms. I agree it looks like they are trying to fob you off into the lesser room.
Coyote wrote:
I've just checked my copy of Direct Holidays 2009 Summersun brochure and i shows the Asarlik as a 4 star all inclusive hotel. Nostalgia rooms are mentioned at the bottom off the price panel, offering these as an option at a £1 per person reduction per night each. The same reduction is shown in the new 2010 brochure, with no mention of refurbished rooms. I agree it looks like they are trying to fob you off into the lesser room.

I dont think that a reduction of £1 pp per night would justify the vast difference between the 2 rooms, and as we know the hotel well we would have never booked these rooms, Direct are now saying that booking on line automatically gives you the cheapest rooms , well I am sorry we did not book the cheapest room as we like a bit of luxury, ( i deserve it , I work hard!!) but get that through there thick heads no its not working, If We do get shoved into the sh@t rooms, which Arzu, the lovely guest relations girl says we will not as we are valued return customers, then photos etc will be taken and a fight will ensue.
By the way I have almost got all my £1200 back from the Freedom direct debacle even though I paid half by cheque, subseqent liability from the credit card company, I know all about it now ladies and gents!!

So if they wanna fight , they will lose, I am the man!!!
Are Direct Holidays seriously saying that when booking on line you get the cheapest option available in their small print. I don't believe them, and I'm sure you would win your case. Hopefully it won't come to that and the hotel gives you the room you wanted.
hi htn ....arent direct holidays a subsiduary of thomascook...or have I got it wrong.....saying they always give you cheapest room as standard practice would stop me booking with them....I would be questioning if there cheaper prices are really as good a deal as they seem.........they have shot themselves in the foot by saying that as people reading that will not want to book with them.....they might as well put in bold type " you pay cheaper with us but no matter what you pay we can put you in a 2 bed cupboard , facing an industrial estate if its the cheapest room available" ....I for one will never book with them now...though nearly did for last hols....glad I went with thomascook instead
Homer..... Have you read the thread on the Turkey forum by dundee-scotland? He says all the old hotel rooms have now been refurbished and are the same standard as the newer rooms.

Denny
denny.53 wrote:
Homer..... Have you read the thread on the Turkey forum by dundee-scotland? He says all the old hotel rooms have now been refurbished and are the same standard as the newer rooms.

Denny

Not seen that but thanks I will have a look
I agree with Tweetie-Pie. If people think they are getting an inferior deal by booking on the net, they won't do it. I think that statement about the cheapest rooms is a load of rubbish - At least I hope it is. I wonder if somebody in the know can enlighten us?
Homersthirdnipple wrote:
denny.53 wrote:

Denny

Not seen that but thanks I will have a look

Read the post and it all sounds good, panic over I think, for now!!!
DH has the facility to upgrade room type, many have done this for the Royal dragon opt for a suite instead of a 4 bedded room, comes out same price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.