Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I've made a copy of this from the Tour ops forum, thought it might get more response here.

Sarah
Sounds like a major change to me which entitles you to a refund of all monies paid plus compensation the latter depending on when you are due to depart.

Mark :)
Mark, due to depart 31st August, but would be devastated if we were to cancel and ask for our money back as it is hard to find alternative accommodation for those two weeks.
Still thinking of going and hitting them when we come back, good idea or bad idea?
Were you informed of this change and offered to accept or get a refund? If so and you're travelling you have accepted the change and can't claim compensation for this.

From your post it looks like you have already talked to the TO/TA.

Mark :)
We were not informed of any change at all.
And also I have not seen any comments at all on trip advisor or anywhere else for that matter.
Yes we have alredy been arguing with Direct but to no avail.
If the hotel has merged then can you still buy the other block cheaper on non AI basis ?

The website just says AI so i guess you will have lost none of this element or the other facilities of the hotel.

If you are staying at what is now known as the Royal and you have use of all facilities and AI I think it is going to be difficult to get anything out of them. It is your knowledge of the hotel that tells you the older block rooms may not be up to standard of the newer area, maybe these rooms have been refurbished.

You will have to show that what you booked you are not getting so if you have the old details that state what is in the room then keep this and take it with you.

If the hotel is all one and therefore the hotel you booked and no loss of facilities then this is going to be a hard one to presue.

Kind Regards
Stewart
How does Direct Holidays know the hotel is full unless someone has contaced to try to find out? The hotel are unlikely to have had rooming lists in from the Tour Ops for that date yet. Maybe it is Direct's allocation that is full and they don't want to be bothered to try to get another room in the new part?
Thats more like the case that the TO allocation is full, maybe the hotel is not full.
Sunaddict wrote:
How does Direct Holidays know the hotel is full unless someone has contaced to try to find out? The hotel are unlikely to have had rooming lists in from the Tour Ops for that date yet. Maybe it is Direct's allocation that is full and they don't want to be bothered to try to get another room in the new part?

Thats more like the case that the TO allocation is full, maybe the hotel is not full.
stewartwilkie wrote:
If the hotel is all one and therefore the hotel you booked and no loss of facilities then this is going to be a hard one to presue.

We have possibly lost the use of a 4-5 star room as opposed to a 2-3 star room, and having stayed in both types of rooms there is no comparison.
If the hotel is all one now then looking at the web site there is no differential on the rooms ( dont advertise a superior or standard room ). Its a 5 star hotel according to them. Unless you can book the rooms that are inferior at a lower rate I dont see what action you can take other than take it up with the hotel or rep if you feel your room is not up to the standard that was advertised when you paid for it.

Kind Regards
Stewart
do you think that if they have merged the two hotels that they may have upgraded the older rooms to the same standard.
helencfo2 wrote:
do you think that if they have merged the two hotels that they may have upgraded the older rooms to the same standard.

No they have not that is why they call them the NOSTALGIA rooms, nostalgia being the Turkish interpretation of 'old fashioned.

I have since called the Hotel and as we are classed as golden guests we will be allocated a 'nice room' and not in the old part as they say they value our custom and we are not to worry about our accommodation or what Direct Holidays have to say.

This is maybe a warning to others who book at this hotel, seeing the nice 5 star rooms and being allocated an old one, just be carefull when you book.

Thanks All
OK stop messing about with a lost cause. Have a look on Consumer Direct website. There is a telephone number there. Ring them and tell them your story. It will only cost you the price of the call and they will be able to tell you exactly where you stand.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

fwh
Glad you got it sorted and a nice warning to others if staying here.

Surely the hotel will get complaints from guests if they see their rooms are noticeably worse than others.

Kind Regards
Stewart
fwh wrote:
OK stop messing about with a lost cause. Have a look on Consumer Direct website. There is a telephone number there. Ring them and tell them your story. It will only cost you the price of the call and they will be able to tell you exactly where you stand.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

fwh

Thanks will do, and I will let you know what happens
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.