Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
oooh! you lucky thing Retsina,ive got to wait until July.Don't forget to report back on Bitez when you get back will you .I'll be looking out in anticipation!Please can you take note of any good bars that will keep my teenagers & their mates quiet (or noisy!)Take care,Mel.
Retsina ,c/c are always good as a security stand by ,but cash is always the best option,i always found this the best bet in Greece as i seemed to get a much better exchange rate , i think the same applies to Turkey in the main banks rather than at exchange shops.( long live THE DARKNESS ) :wink:
We arrived back this morning from our first time to Turkey, My husband had needed to be persuaded in the beginning and after reading a report on here from Briar I convinced him to let me book the Hotel Manuela in bitez. I had read a couple of conflicting report on other sites that I must admit worried me slightly as we were responsible for our two teenagers friends/ girlfriend too and I wanted my choice to have something for everyone which I know Is virtually impossible.(our ages ranged from 16 to 47)
I can honestly say that it was our best holiday ever . It was amazing we were made to feel so special and the staff at the Manuela would have done anything for us.
We were met at Bodrum and given beers and soft drinks from a cool box to keep us going and then after checking into our rooms, which were basic as Briar had said they would be but were really clean and comfortable we met up inthe bar where we were greeted by the staff who sent out for lovely kebabs for us (it was about 2am by then)
In the morning we had a little walk and a look around and were surprised that the hassle we had read about was nothing like we were expecting and in the end became quite funny, at no time were we ever offended in any way.
The location of the Manuela was perfect and we ate our breakfast while we looked out over the beach and the sea. The beach was a bit gritty and it was stoney when you entered the sea but nothing to worry about.
We tried a couple of resturants other than the Manuela which were the Istanbul(lovely food but over priced)the four seasons ( ok but a bit too crowded and when we asked for some Turkish bread they looked at us as if we were mad!)we loved the Red dragon and had a much better chinese meal than i've ever had here which we found amusing especially as I always say "why would anyone eat chinese food on holiday in another country, you stick to traditional stuff" we went two nights in a row until the novelty wore off.But over all we were so impressed by the good value of the Manuela that we kept going back, they often gave us free bread 15% off the bill and our first round off drinks (10 off us) so we found it hard to beat.
What made it so special was the hotel staff and they way they went out of their way to help us.I do realise that they are trying to get you to spend your money with them and the competition is fierce but we were given an excellent service in return and a couple of them became really close.They would take the boys off to the stadium and give them a game of football or drop them off at the water park which they said was brilliant .They took us into the Market in Turgetries one day where we bought 5 t shirts for£10 and there were only 4 in the bag, designer boxers that had one long leg and one short and holes in the back, it was hilarious!One of the boys bought some tobbacco thet smelt of fish we had a laugh over that one.They went in to Gumbet a couple of times and had a great time then the night before we left the hotel staff took them to Halikanas the big open air night club in Bodrum where they had an excellent foam party.
Another thing I was'nt expecting was the entertainment we got at the hotel most nights there was something going on from magician to breakdancers, belly dancer e.t.c and considering it was only £85 a week b&b with afternoon tea or coffee thrown in it can't be bad!!
They took us to a turkish bath which was great fun and hubby treated himself to shave and the setting fire to the ears.I had my nails manicured and a pedicure , something I would never do at home it was great.
Any way to sum up, we left Bitez totally converted, hugging the staff, me in floods of tears thinking about how I can get back before next year
we loved it thanks.Mel.
Sounds wonderful -excellent report
Lally
Although I am going to a different resort, your report is not rare in it's praises of Turkey and further convinces me that I have made the right choice, many thanks
Hi Mel, I told you didn't I???? :lol: I just knew you'd have a fantastic time at the Manuela. I'm so pleased you all enjoyed it. How are the puppies? I bet they're getting big now. We're hoping to go back to the Manuela in June next year and we'll be booking independantly with Oktay and getting our own flights. Best wishes x
Never been to the Manuela, but I love Bitez and can't wait to go back - September 5th!!! Other restaurants to try are First Stop, Pescatore (back from the beach) and Erdim. I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed Bitez, but can you please not tell anyone else!! Would love to keep it the way it is and not too busy. :pele
GREAT REPORT

we go on the 5th september 8)
I did ask where the puppies were because we did'nt see them but Oktays sister (that did'nt seem too keen on animals) said they had run away so who knows? While we were there though another beautiful puppy turned up and was made a big fuss of so I said to Oktays sister how lovely he was and how all the guests at the hotel loved him and wanted him to stay(hoping to raise his chances)but she said ahe thought he was dirty and after a couple of days he dissapeared too?
Briar, Thanks for the email, he did'nt mention it but I don't think he gets a chance to get to read them that often it was really busy when we were there.
I forgot to say about the lovely boat trip we did when we were there.It was mine and hubbys birthdays when we were there and the staff sung to us and gave us cakes with sparklers so that was nice, but for our treat we hired a boat from Liz & Ahmet on the front near the Okaliptus.He was the first to do aboat trip there and has been doing this trip for 32 years now!
Because there were ten of us we had the whole boat to ourselves and he took us all out snorkelling, caught an octupus which we stuck all over us! and dropped us off for lunch at a little traditional turkish beach where we were made really welcome.Inthe afternoon he took us to some lovely clear blue waters for swimming and gave us fruit.It was really nice because he timed it just right to avoid when the bigger boats would all turn up and was experienced enough to do that.
Although the kids and their mates did all there raving and aqua park stuff they all said that the boat trip was their favourite day of the holiday.I could thoroughly recommend it and the whole thing was only £68 between us, we gave him the huge tip he deserved though and he seemed genuinely surprised.
I think weird is a better word to describe her!
Oktay certainly looks for ideas and ways to improve his hotel all the time though he was always asking what we thought about the way he was running things and said that next year he is going to buy a boat for the hotel and do their own boat trips.I thing they are catching on that the money is in organising trips yourself so i'm sure that will be a big part of it soon, I hope it does'nt spoil things!
That's really sad news about the puppies :cry: Everyone, staff and guests alike, seemed to love them when we were there.
I think the only thing that could improve the Manuela is for each of the rooms to have some outside space, eg a balcony or terrace, but I guess that's not going to happen as it would be so expensive. Which rooms did you have Mel? I think our room was number 32, it looked out over the path that goes between the hotel buildings and over to the pool. It was fine, just a bit on the small side.
whats teh cost of english breakfast and eveining meal there please ?
Hi, does any body have any photos of bitez that i could look at. any help would be appreciated. :D
Hi, midlothian, thanks for that info. we have just returned from 2 weeks in cyprus, really hot 40's. we have already booked for bitez next year stopping at the circa apartments cant wait already only 362 days to go. we go on the 22 nd july :D :D :D
Hi nelly

I posted a couple on the HT photosite:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/gallery/album23

and other HTers have too!
Micklemuk - where are you flying from and what time? We go from Manchester about 9am - waiting for tickets with confirmed flight times! They have changed before now. Maybe see you in First Stop or Pescatore at some time.
I have posted some on the gallery too. You will love Bitez, but have to promise on entry never to pass on how good it is! Personally, I tell everyone that the place is awful and they really need to go somewhere else....... just kidding! :D It is a fabulous place and we are going to be there on 5th September.
we fly from manchester 10:30am
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.