Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
HI,

I don't know how many miles it is, but my friend did the journey from Bodrum to Marmaris (then back a couple of days later) by bus a couple of years ago, it took just under 3 hours each way, and the buses leave Marmaris and Bodrum every hour. The buses come into the main coach station at Bodrum, then you just hop next door and on to a local dolmus to Gumbet.

Elaine
Thanks for that Elaine, that's very helpful.

Chris :wink:
We used the local bus service for this trip two years ago, cannot speak highly enough about the driver, the cleanliness of the bus and the other Turkish passengers.
Our public transport companies could learn a lot from the Turkish ones!
Hi Chris :) ,
It takes about 3.5 hrs and it will be on a small coach rather than a Dolmus.

You go right over the mountains from Marmaris - really fantastic views.

We stopped once for drink, toilet break etc.

Agree with BigPhil - clean & friendly Service.

Toffeemen
Hi that's great, Phil/Toffeemen thanks for your replies. I assume I get the coach from the bus terminal just behind Tansas?
Oh, I'm getting all excited now, can't wait to get there, only 50 more sleeps :hyper

Cheers, Chris.
Hi Chris - The coach we got to Bodrum from Marmaris left from the main Bus Depot on the Hill at the back of the Town - we bought our ticket there.
We were staying in Icmeler and got a Taxi straight to the Bus Depot but you can get a Dolmus to the Depot.

Toffeemen
You can also take the hydrofoil. It leaves from the same docks as the boats that go to Sedir (Cleopatra's) Island, somewhere in Gokova Gulf, about 15 miles to Marmaris. It is much faster than the land route, but you have to first take a dolmus to these docks. I don't remember the price. You can ask the tourism offices with hydrofoil picture on their windows in Marmaris, usually you can find a ticket even for the next day.
Forgot to say

Marmaris-Bodrum is 101 miles by land, 37 of which is single-lane road.
Thank you all so much for your replies, that's a great help. Cheers. Chris
:glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.