Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
shirley we havent had the best experiences with all incs in marmaris, ones to avoid are, ayderia, marmaris palace & galeria park, very poor food and watered down drinks
As said above, Try and persuade them to go self catering as Marmaris has many many cheap and quality restauraunts, For example you can get 5 course meals for 20 Lira, Local drinks are cheap enough also providing they steer clear of Beach bars and Bar street, The majority of people go self catering in Marmaris simply because of this reason, The Bodrum area is more expensive for everything than the Marmaris area also and is much smaller also.
we have just come back from the bodrum area and i agree with rob it is more expensive, we found eating out similar price to uk in bodrum area, my mother who lives in marmaris visted for a few days and was shocked by the food prices in turgutreis ie cooked english breakfasts were around 12 to 15 lira which is loads more than marmaris area is , hence we didnt eat out and were all inc, the food wasnt the best in our 4.5 * all inc too and my husband said the beer was 100% watered down, its a shame they do this but i suppose they are trying to avoid getting a lot of drunk people around the complex, so for the sensible drinkers it spoils things.

the best thing is to go for a hotel with good reviews or sc if you looking at marmaris area, i know olu deniz area has some very good all incs
All Inclusive. :rofl
Not worth a penny, a waste of money.

Go Bed & Breakfast or Self Catering.

It's a lot cheaper, you have a choice of what to eat & drink.

All Inclusive .......limited drinks, cheap brands & watered down. The food is basic.

Get out and enjoy the wonderful bars & restraunts.

Ekin Legend
:sun2 :cheers :sun2
Hi al thanks for your replies. Son's taken on board that it's more expensive in Bodrum and Gumbet and has now decided on Marmaris. We've found what looks like a reasonable hotel for the price and out of about 9 reviews we read, only 2-3 said the hotel was no good, the rest thought it was great :que
Anyway, they found the deal on theTeletext website and if it hasn't been snapped up by tonight, they're going to book. Does anyone know if there's a chance the travel agent will match a teletext price please? Thanks
We have stayed in loads off A/I in Marmaris most off them excellent

Just came back from Pineta now the drinks were strong not watered down at all another good one is the Green Nature thats ultra all inclusive.

We have stayed at the Aydria found that alright bar closes at 11pm but drinks were watered down also its changed its name this year.

The Armar not to bad but bar closes at 11pm also.

I would say try to get the Pineta or the Green Nature the latter is well worth it food fantastic also drinks and like i say its 24hr A/I
Hi again,
the boys were going to book last night but the deal they's seen on Teletext had gone. They then found another one but need to sort out more money today. They're crossing their fingers that it won't have gone by tonight. The reviews on this one are really good - Royal Garden Hotel, Marmaris. Let's hope they get it sorted this evening :duh
hi goldtrail have some good all inc deals from cardiff i was looking for a friend and saw quite a few.
although i would never go all inc in turkey i think for a group of lads it would be fantastic a s/c holiday would set them back naerley £300 and then a couple of hundred spending money, for £390 they would at least not starve and be able to have a few drinks before hitting the expensive bars i think iof it was my son i would be happier knowing that if money run out fodd and drimk would still be available
HI nuttynet. That's their way of thinking too. Hubby and I have been to Turkey once and intend going again probably next year. HOwever, we'd much rather go S/C also. As you say for a group of young lads I think AI makes it easier to budget and thay intend doing exactly as you mentioned. Stocking up on food and drinks during the day and evening before hitting one or 2 nightspots.

They got it all booked last night and are really looking forward now. They'll have to sort out currency and insurance next.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.