Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The bus goes every day from Marmaris to Bodrum, I'm not sure of the exact cost but £10 at most I think.

If you are after the beach then Gumbet would be better as Bodrum only has a thin strip of beach by the road. If you are looking to stay in a hotel then maybe have a look at Parkim Ayaz, it is right on the beach and in the centre of the resort. If you refer an apartment then somewhere like Ozukara, Greenhouse or Queens Resort are all in good positions too.

From Gumbet you can get the dolmus into Bodrum easily, it is only about 10 minutes away so you can have a look round there too and the buses run all night in the summer so you could have an evening out and be able to get the bus back any time.

Kedi
Thank you for your help Kedi.
I have booked the Ozukara Apartments for 3 nights, hopefully that will give us enough time to explore the area and enjoy what is on offer there. We do enjoy Marmaris and Icmeler, but having been there several times, I would like to try somewhere different and this should be a good way for us to have a taster, who knows we may not want to return to Marmaris for the remainder of our holiday!
Thanks again for your recommendations, much appreciated.
Ozukara are very nice apartments, right in the centre of Gumbet so you are close to all the bars and restaurants and 5 minutes from the beach. The dolmus to Bodrum stops right outside too.

I have only been to Marmaris for a day but it is so much bigger than Gumbet. I hope you enjoy your stay there.
There's some great reviews for the Casablanca restaurant for a nice meal/night out, check it out. I'm definitely going to pay it a visit when i go in July.........
Kedi, I'm sure we'll have a great time, will be sure to let you know when we get back!

Bribrian - I had a look at the reviews for the Casablanca, sounds great and will have to try it too!
If you want some really good authentic Turkish food then go to Seray Zetas, it is about 5 minutes away from Ozukara and they have lovely food, very reasonably priced too. Ozukara have a very nice restaurant too, one of my husbsand's good friends works there, he calls himself Richard and he will look after you.
Thank you Kedi, I will definitely go to Seray Zetas - I love Turkish food and trying new dishes, so it's great to have a recommendation for a good restaurant. And I'll say hi to Richard when we go too! Wish we didn't need to wait until end of June before we go!!
We're now back from our holiday and wanted to write an update as it may help anyone else thinking of visiting 2 resorts whilst on holiday.

The bus from Marmaris to Bodrum leaves several times a day and costs 18TL one way, excellent value. Small coach was comfortable and airconditioned. The journey took 3 hours including a 15/20 min stop in Mugla.

We stayed in the Ozukara 1 apartments, recommended by Kedi and I'd like to say thank you for your help - we found the apartments well situated for the nightlife and beach and they fully met our requirements.

Gumbet resort - Having stayed previously in Icmeler and Marmaris I was interested to see what Gumbet offered and was not disappointed. I would say it's similar in size to Icmeler but had a bit more of a "Turkish" feel to it. I loved the way that tables were set up on the beach for dining in the evening, how romantic ( shame I was with my daughter!!) and I think you get less hassle than in Marmaris/Icmeler. We did think it was slightly more expensive for food and drink though, but we had excellent meals so no complaints (Seray Zetas was fab).

Alot of people have asked which resort we prefer, and to be honest I can't choose because for different reasons, each has its own charm and attraction! I enjoyed spending time in 2 different resorts and will definitly do that again in future so we can experience the delights of both.
I'm glad you had a good holiday and that you enjoyed staying at Ozukara and eating at Seray Zetas. It is nice to know my recommendations were good for you.
Bodrum and Gumbet is so close as 4 km. 1 hour by walking.

I recommend Gumbet. It is popular for the most holiday makers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.