Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Janet
we have reviews of the hotel here :)
Thanks Fiona, that is excellent.

Would be grateful for further general information on the area, things to do, etc.

Thanks all :cheers
To my mind you're in a great place in Gumbet. Do have a Turkish bath - at the beginning of your holiday - and you'll get a great tan (we like the one at the Queen's Resort). A boat trip is a must - so chilling. Also good is the jeep safari and the village tour is also nice to do. Do take the time to explore the peninsula - jump on a dolmus to Bodrum and then jump on whichever one takes your fancy. Bitez, Yalikavak, Turgetries and Gumusluk (great fish restaurants) are all lovely to visit. There's lovely restaurants in Gumbet - and it's nice to go to Bitez one evening to try the restaurants along the beach. If you like Chinese, you'll love Salmakis in Bitez - Ferah the owner is great!

Have a good walk around Gumbet, especially up towards the back as it's nice to expore. We've got an apartment up near Universal Hospital and it's completely different up there than it is down at the front. There's also Oasis shopping centre with some nice shops and some good places to eat.

Will you be eating out - I can definitely recommend Cheers/Mascot bar/restaurant where you can have a lovely meal and stay there all night having a drink. Mehmet (the owner) and Veron (behind the bar) are friends of ours and really nice to have a chat to. Also good to eat at is Chinatown and also I can recommend the Serhan Hotel (just behind the beach) and Seray Zetas which is near to the Serhan.

Hope you have a good time. Any questions, just ask.

JAKKI
The Isis is a lovely hotel, right on its own private beach. They have their own Turkish bath in there too if you fancy it. It is a bit outside of Gumbet at the bottom of a huge hill so if you wan to go in it may be worth calling a taxi.

As Jakki has said there is lots to se in and around Gumbet so I wont repeat it. I would also definitely recommend Seray Zetas for authentic Turkish food, it's one of our favourite restaurants

Kedi
Just back from the Isis on 18TH May. This is an excellent hotel. The main part of Gumbet is about 15 mins walk away. You can get a dolmus from the top of the hill for 2 lira or taxi will cost about £3.50. Hpoe you enjoy your stay
Thank you all for the great advice. It is good to get feedback from people who have been to the hotel and the area.

Janet :)
I used to live in Gumbet so if thre's anything else you want to know just ask !

Kedi x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.