Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Welcome to the forums :cheers

Have a browse through our resort reports whilst your waiting for members recommendations http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/bodrum-region/
If you after spending your days on the beach then Gumbet would be the better option as Bodrum doesn't really have a beach, just a strip of sand by the side of the road. Gumbet has a decent beach with lots of water sports, lots of retaurants and bars and a few busy music bars/clubs. If you stay in Gumbet then you are still very close to Bodrum, it takes just 10 minutes by domus (minibus) and the buses run every 5-10 minutes all through the night in the summer months.

If you are not fussed about the beach and are after more of a town than a resort then Bodrum would be fine, there are lots of bars and restaurants and some big clubs plus lots of shopping.

If you want to know anything else just ask.

Kedi
we stayed in the asarlik beach hotel it's right on the beach with big gardens they have loungers and hammocks in the garden which faces right out to sea ' the hotel is in nice quiet bit walk 5min and your in among the pubs and clubs . sometimes we took the bus to bodrum 10min away shopping is good in both places. the new royal asarlik beach in recently built just next door and it looks lovely they get good reviews .would go back here again.. :cheers
Hi, Also trying to decide between Bodrum and Gumbet, as have heard that there is a large open air disco in Bodrum that causes a noise problem in some hotels. Gather it is on the edge of the resort, but sadly not which edge. Anybody got any more info on this, such as which hotels are possibly affected by the noise and those which aren't. Like the sound of Gumbet, but not really beach people, and the wife does like her shops!!!! Cheers
The open air nightclub is at the end of Bodrum away from the castle but I can't tell you which hotels are nearby.

Gumbet and Bodrum are only 10 minutes away from each other by bus so if you did stay in Gumbet you could easily go into Bodrum for shopping. There are also a number of shops in Gumbet to wander around, although nowhere near as many as Bodrum.
I would definitely recommend Gumbet as being the best option to stay in - though I have a house there and am biased!! If you want lazy days, then Gumbet is definitely right for you - and the nights can be as lively or chilling as you choose. Bodrum is more of a working town as well as a holiday resort and can get very busy. There are shops in Gumbet for your wife to look round but it's a short trip on the dolmus to Bodrum for even more shopping! If she wants some more shops, there the Oasis shopping centre which is at the back of Gumbet and nice to walk round on a hot day (it's cool).

In the height of summer, Bodrum does tend to get very busy - even busier when the cruise ships are in. It's great to visit - but nice to leave when you've had enough and return to the cool of your hotel and the quieter Gumbet.

Hope this helps.
Thanks guys. Sounds like Gumbet it will be, with frequent trips to Bodrum!!! Must say Asralik Hotel sounds pretty good. Thanks once again
Hi Myra313,

Interested in your reference to the Asarlik Beach Hotel. Looking thro' brochures, gazateers, etc., seems there is a Asarlik Beach Hotel and a Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel. My obvious question is are these one and the same place? If not can you advise their locations in respect of each other?

Sure I have read somewhere that people staying in the Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel can also use the facilities of an adjoining hotel! Could that be the Asarlik Beach Hotel?

Sorry for asking such akward questions, but if you can give me any info on the subject it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Alan :rofl
Asarlik and Royal Asarlik are next to each other, the Royal Asarlik is a new hotel and the Asarlik is an older, smaller hotel but they are both owned by the same company. Guests at the Royal can use the facilities of the older hotel too. The Royal Asarlik is very nice, right near the beach and has some very good reviews, I have seen inside and it looks beautiful. I believe you can have half board or AI there. These hotels are 5 minutes from ther centre of Gumbet and the bus to Bodrum stops close by.

Kedi
went back to the royal asarlik n june thier is no half board now, everyone is 24 hour al inclusive the old hotel has been completly done up to a high standered and are all superior rooms all very nice, nets round the beds, flat screen tvs, tea making facilities , rain shower with ordinary shower and very large rooms and robes and slippers

we are returning on the 19th september 09 this will be our 4th time in 18 months the only place in the hotel were you have to pay for drinks is the love shack where they have sky sports, any one going here will have a marvelous time, can not recomened it enough................ direct holidays was about £600 cheaper in september than first choice or thomsons............ in june it was the reverse first choice was cheaper ;)
if any guests have any problems with hotel dont see your reps, the hotel have thier own guest relations team with Arzu in charge who will help in any way they can
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.