General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It would make me drowsy and feel a bit rough. In my younger day when I started work ay 6am we have drink on a saturday starting before 6am but in the week I would pop in a pub around smithfield around 8.30am for a couple of pints most days, I would of been up at 4.30am and it was lunch time for me. On my first holiday I was out drinking to midnight, up at 3 am and once on the plane and the drinks came around we had a few and when we arrived at our accommodation we dropped off the cases and went straight to a bar.
Guys

I dont feel as bad now, gald I am not the only one to have a bevvie, on a early morning flight!! Bring it on !!!! :cheers
Hi
Only soft drinks before we get on the plane, When drinks trolly comes I will have a vodka and lemonade whatever the time is, it is something I have always done, celebrating the beginning of my holiday. My partner hates flying and wont touch any alcohol, so I have V and L and he has lemonade :really
M
Coffee and croissant if it's an early flight, but if it's later I'll have a meal at the airport with a glass of wine. I rarely bother with airline meals these days though I may have a coffee (unless I'm flying with Ryanair!) I haven't flown longhaul for some years now but when I did I would always make use of the drinks trolley.
No for the simple fact it makes me really thirsty and dehydrated. Wait until I get to my holiday destination!
I always have a drink before flying, if I cant for any reason my nerves are terrible! It feels extra naughty when you are supping a cider in Heathrow at 6am!
I have also discovered the joy of Thai air, the hostesses were up and down constantly for the first hour or so of our flight to Bangkok virtually plying us with alcohol :tup
I know you are not supposed to drink alcohol, especially on long haul but I actually slept for 3 hours on this trip, the 1st time I have EVER slept on a plane. I think it can really help with the time differences too. Roll on October, we are flying at 9pm this time tho, so that 1st pint wont feel quite as naughty!!
I have done in the past but found it makes me ill...i always feel very sickly and a bit light headed while flying and alcohol aggrevated it :duh so i have a coffee or water....hubby on the other hand will drink at the airport no matter what time it is :cheers
Yes have to admit we do have a tipple at the airport, no matter what time and also on the plane too - I also agree my holiday starts when the taxi arrives and I know I am on the way.

:tup
yes but no more than plenty no matter what time of day.cant beat a soothing drink before flying.
JohnDoe

So do you have have drink before the flight because you are a nervous passenger? - I have one because 'the holiday starts here'.

:cheers
HI Miss Pink,
I have one because I'm not keen on flying; the holiday starts here; and I like the taste. So that's three then :cheers
hi miss pink...i have a drink because i detest flying and to start my holiday off as well. :hols
I always used to make it a rule. I'm of the opinion that the airport is a timeless vacuum. It is 5.45am only until your luggage is checked in, after that it could be any time at all. Therefore a drink at the bar is entirely appropriate. Luckily, many other people agree with me. :cheers

Except for some reason I didn't feel like it the last couple of times, probably because I got into the holiday 'spirit' the night before a little prematurely.
John Doe what a shame you have a fear of flying, can't say I empathise but I do sympathise, I find it such an enjoyable experience - can understand the reason for tipple then - happy holidays anyway.

;)
You wouldn't get me on the plane without a drink - whatever time it is!

Kath x
have decided after the check in carry on at vancouver airport recently to stop flying .
i have now had belly full of airports drink or no drink.
Sorry to hear that johndoe!
I have to have a couple of drinks at the airport:-
1. Because i'm nervous about the flight.
2. Because it marks the start of the holiday.

When we first get ther, we'll have something to eat and a coffee (if early flight), a quick walk around the duty free, then we head for the pub and stay there until it's time to board. Usually have 2-3 pints, then will have 2 wines on the plane :cheers
Guess I'm in the minority then, because I don't - and there's nothing worse than being stuck on a plane for however many hours with travellers who are a bit "merry" to say the least!
Hi Blondiescot

Have to disagree with you a little, I think what's worse if you are stuck with a child sitting behind you who constantly pulls on your seat and screaming and moaning, with parents who do nothing, and yes I am a parent, albeit my son is grown up now, so someone who is a bit merry seems like bliss to me in comparison.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.