Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
These dolphin parks are just very very cruel. These dolphins should live out their lives in the wild where they should be free to live in their large family groups and swim many kilometres in the open sea everyday catching live prey. Keeping them in captivity causes them untold misery.
as far as i know you not just turn up there you have to pre book there is a booking office at the marmaris palace hotel. the dolphin therepy is just on the edge of marmaris as you leaving towards icmeler. i have a friend who went and she said the dolphins are treated well and have a lot of space.
Hope you have lots of money as its fairly expensive. I agree with one of the previous posters that they are well looked after but nom atter how much space they have in this area, its not reallt that big, it probably is a bit cruel to keep these beautiful creatures in captivity limiting heir ability to swim freely as they wish

Stewart
It is very cruel to keep any dolphin in captivity. No enclosure will ever be large enough as these creatures like to swim up to 40 miles a day. They need to eat live food that they hunt and catch themselves and they need to live in large family groups called pods, this does not happen in enclosures. They do not need to be 'cared for' in enclosures. It is impossible to look after them well in an enclosure and most die before old age. In addition to their misery the pods they are captured from are stressed by their removal. Please read the following web page to understand their plight. If you pay money to go into one of those places you are just helping to prolong their misery. Nothing including the so called therapies can justify the crime of stealing them from the wild and most are removed from the wild in a barbaric way. These people make money from it so don't be misled by their claims to educate or provide therapy. Please don't visit them and part with your money.
http://www.dolphincareuk.org/captivity.html
I have often seen dolphins swimming wild around the coast of Turkey. This is a much better and more exciting way of seeing them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.