Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It's a dump. Seriously.... DO NOT STAY HERE.

It's not even worth staying as a base. It's depressing, sometimes mos' infested, hot.

It's not worth travelling all the way to Goa to end up staying in this 1 Star accomodation. Way past it's sell by date and any pics of the rooms you see on websites are taken a long long time ago.

The only good factor is that it is very near Candolim Beach Road and plenty of good restaurants nearby.

You get what you pay for.
A couple we shared a taxi from the airport with advised us the same Neil, doesn`t sound a very nice place at all.
We met a couple at a beach shack they had just arrived at the Dona Alcina,and were waiting for a rep
to call and move them,they were really upset as it was the first time to Goa and a bad start
ann
Enough said lol

Think i'll be giving that a wide berth
When we stayed there (a few years ago though), we were so dissapointed with the dark horrible room. It smelled of mothballs and damp. I went to reception and asked if we could pay to be upgraded to a superior room. The receptionist said 'sorry, but you are in a superior room, you have air-conditioning'.
We have stayed at the Dona Alcina twice - but this was 6/7 years ago. The first time we went it was fine, the staff were great and the rooms basic but clean. However, the second time we went it was terrible, the rooms were dark and in need of a lick of paint. There used to be a great chinese roof top restaurant (Tikka Takka) over looking the pool but this had closed. We have stayed at the Highland Beach ever since.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.