Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cant help you but what a coincidence, was gonna post similar query myself.
headin over on Dec 8th, second time this year and would also love to visit south so would be very grateful for any advise.
thanks everyone
Feb 2008 we stayed at Palolem at http://www.hitidecocohuts.com
400rps for hut on stilts
800rps for hut with attached bath
1500rps for hut with attached bath and space for extra bed.

Personally, if you are just going for one night, then just get the huts on stilts.
If you have anyone with prostrate or digestive problems then go for the attached bath, otherwise there is no reason to pay more money.

Costs are consireably increased over New Year. There is also huts at Agonda beach, but if you have teenagers, they would probably prefer the waves and company at Palolem.

Lisa
hi
ive just had a nose at them huts and they look great......so great i might just think about going down there for a night or 2 myself....how long does it take to get there and could i just go and hope there would be a hut available or book in advance?
also if i leave the hotel room empty will my stuff be safe whilst i am not there?

angie xx
Thanks Lisa
Whats best way to get to Plaolem from Baga/Calangute do you know?
Is there enough to do there to spend 2 nights, adults only.
:cheers
Thread Highjack :yikes only kidden ;)
thanks Lisa, if you got the bus where would you get off to go to these huts, and how long does it take from calangute,any idea?

Will probably go in Jan but i know my youngest was a bit reluctant last year when i said about staying in a beach shack,the young adventures eh :rofl :rofl
Baga to Palolim is about 2 hours in a taxi if I remember correctly. In February we paid 800 rupes to get their and 900 to get back. There is plenty to occupy you for a few days, it is not the quiet beach that it was a few years ago. Well worth a visit though. We have been a few times and never pre book huts as the are plenty available.
By bus you would need to go to Panjim then change for Margao and then from Margao catch the bus to Palolem.
As I was going to Mumbai for 4 days (but not now as my insurance won't cover me) are the beach huts more of a romantic setting or okay for a single person just wanting to see more of Goa? Just looking for something else to do if I feel the need!
The huts are great for both.......I describe them as camping on stilts (not all are on stilts) and really are a great experience.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.