Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Summer flights to Dom Rep ( POP and PUJ ) are also available from East Midlands according to the FC brochure. There is certainly a wider choice of hotels available on FC than Eclipse maybe that applies to flights also.

Dick
Think you're right scubaman, there is definately a better choice of hotels with FC.
shirley h thanks for looking :) I'll have another look later and see if I can get any joy with Eclipse. That is a good price for the Bachata, it'd have to be the 29th though as the 15th is too early :(
Just seen your other post scubaman. We have looked at Cape Verde, in fact we looked there before the Carribean but the prices are coming out higher than good hotels in the DR (eg Dreams, CDM). That is unless the prices have changed....will check :)
Hi sunaholic,
Good news it is showing has being available now, the BMX flight is actually a thomson fly aircraft and they must have got some more allocation today. ( First choice eclipse and thomson are now the same company) the riu macoa is available with thomson for over £2700 per couple on the 22nd july .I think eclipse are coming up with better prices but it depends on the hotel that you want. I know that they do the hacienda dominicus .It is an hotel that I would like to try at some point.
Good luck with your search!
Me again
I have just been on the eclipse site again and when I put the number of people as being the 3 of us 2 adults and I child 15 it did not show any availability but when I put 2 adults in it did. You have to put in any midlands airport and not birmingham for it to bring this up. I have not seen a flight from east midlands though as that would have been our first choice of airport.
Actually the price for the hacienda is cheaper booked through thomsons and the dreams is coming out with them for £2492 a couple.
I know you said that you are a teacher and need the dates after the 19th, I have slipped up when I changed my holidays because I thought that my sons school broke up on the 18th july but not so they are breaking up on the 23rd so he will now miss a couple of days school. The schools in Derbyshire are only having 2 days this easter and going back until the 4th april so they must have cut the summer holiday by 2 days.We are away from 6th april for 2 weeks and I cannot wait!!
Apologies I was looking at the summer 2007 and winter 2007/8 which gaves flights from EMA for summer 2007 - maybe BMX has replaced them for 2008.

Dick :duh
However, summer 2008 Eclipse brochure shows EMA flights ( FCA to POP ) fortnightly from 19 July to 25 Oct but no PUJ flights.

But there is a weekly Thomson PUJ flight from NCL on Sundays. Only other flight not mentioned already on this thread is on FCA ex Bristol to POP on Mondays.

Dick
How about IHD ex NCL on 20 July £2267 per couple with Eclipse ? In the search DR is not an option but if you choose any caribbean it comes up !

Dick
Strangely I cant find the same holiday on the FC site !

Dick :que
Not available with Thomson on 20 July but on 27 July it is £1182 per person before you add all the usual Thomson extras - so Eclipse seems to be the cheapest option .

Dick
Wow you've been busy while I've been away - thanks so much for your help. :tup
Violet 123 I have had a look on Eclipse and it did come up with BMX when I put any Midlands in. The price on there is £5135 for the 4 of us, which is a little over budget so we'll have to have a think about that one.
We are away from 6th april for 2 weeks and I cannot wait!!
Not long to go now, hope you have a lovely time! :sun2
Scubaman, NCL is too far for us sadly. Is that last price with Thomson for the 27th from NCL?
Another thing, on Portland the CDM is coming up at £1004 which is a good price :) Contemplating going back there. Have they had a new pool built? It's been 4 years since we went and I'm sure they didn't have an infinity pool then :think
Scubaman, NCL is too far for us sadly. Is that last price with Thomson for the 27th from NCL?

Yes it's from NCL - but the Eclipse deal is far better.

Not sure I follow the logical of NCL being too far when you are going 3000+ miles but hey ho, you book whats good for you !

Dick
Not sure I follow the logical of NCL being too far when you are going 3000+ miles

Yeah I see what your saying, but NCL is about 3 1/2 hours drive from us and we'd be getting back early in the morning so don't fancy the drive. Have gone from airports far away before, but have always tagged on a night in a hotel. This time though that wouldn't really work out as then we wouldn't get it any cheaper. Crazy logic I know....
the iberostar hacienda dominicus is also in bayhibe so you will still enjoy the south coast. we always went to the south coast and loved it but last year we opted for the east coast and it just didnt compare so we were disappointed it didnt entirely spoil our holiday but it just wasnt the same as the sea was rougher and the beach was not as nice and it had a lot more activity going on. we stayed at the riu palace punta cana and even though it was so grand it didnt match up the the iberostar hacineda domincus so we are looking to go back there next time we hit the DR. :sun2
I agree with that Beanie65. We loved Sunscape the Beach as a resort, but the beach didn't compare to the CDM. The beaches on the south coast are just gorgeous! Got to admit that it is that that puts me off the North.
Well we have finally booked. We've done something that we haven't done before in that we are going back to a hotel that we have already been to. We went for the Casa Del Mar in the end. :)
We decided that without upping the budget we weren't going to get anything of the same standard, so it's a return visit for us! It was the new pool that swayed us in the end :sun2
We're so looking forward to it now! :clap
So a big thank you to everybody that helped us come to this decision! :glynis
Sunaholic
Good on you Sunaholic. YOu can now relax and start the countdown ;)
Thanks both! :)
And yep, the countdown has already started :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.