Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thomson Dreamliner
202 Posts
Just off to read up on Thomson Dreamliner :think :D
Ooo it does look lovely in the air - I love the wings!

Video here for those like me who didn't know a thing about it :)

http://dreamliner.thomson.co.uk/videos/dreamliner-787-videos/#.UAchGKDleSo
....assuming that it doesn't get delayed again ....remember it was in the 2008 brochures!!!!
Yes it was but not with definite dates to fly and only a promo tool as I recall
Well I seem to remember that there was a multipage spread in the inflight magazine, encouraging people to book for Spring 2009 :rofl ..............but I do hope you aren't disappointed Miss Pink!
I'm looking at booking Cuba for April next year so no Dreamliner for me - I'll have to manage with a 767!!!!
My cup is always half full Brewerdave - if it doesn't happen next year then It sometime :cheers
It looks good Pinky :tup I don't like being on a plane, but I do like watching them take off and land.

I hope your dream on the dreamliner comes true - and you have a good holiday

Sanji x
If its similar to the A380, i had the luck to fly on it just after Singapore Airlines brought it in. We flew economy and I can never usually sleep as I end up with a sore neck or just uncomfortable. I found that seat really comfortable. It was a quiet flight. When you recline the seat, the whole thing moves forward, which meant less intrusion to the space of the person behind you.
I've booked too & can't wait! Booked on 26th April when the brochure first came out & off to Mexico in Premium on 10th October 2013 :)
I can't wait for the question "which plane goes from Manchester to Cancun please Darren" and the answer is "it's a 787-800"
So we are all going to Mexico then - When you are flying Qman?
Qman wrote:
I can't wait for the question "which plane goes from Manchester to Cancun please Darren" and the answer is "it's a 787-800"

Answers to that question are already linked from our What Aircraft? guide where the expected 787-8 timetable is listed for Summer 2013!

Darren
Darren, if we believed the expected timetable for the 787 they would be going for their D checks by now!
The difference now is the aircraft are in production and being delivered to the revised delivery schedule. Barring any production issues, the first will be on UK soil in January. That's 4 months prior to the start of the long haul schedule where they'll be used on short haul initially for crew training and familiarity so there's room for menouver for the long haul timetable. Given some of the long haul fleet is retiring later this year, the airline are confident they'll be delivered to the latest schedule so those hoping for the 787-8 in May should be fine.

Darren
Booked my seats on the dreamliner the day they came out in April :cheers flying to cancun next July premium seats, for my daughters wedding :sun2 only 51 weeks and 5 days to go now .......363 days :D
Thought this may be of interest to you, the video shows a walk-around of a United Airlines Dreamliner which I assume will be a similar configuration of the Thomson Dreamliner.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/02/boeing-united-787-dreamliner-handson/
I think the inside configerations may be different according to the airlines - from what I have seen the airlines can pick their Premium and Economy seating according to their specifications, I am guessing Thomson will try to fit as many in still Dazbo would know more.

This one does look pretty good though :cheers
Miss Pink wrote:
Dazbo would know more

All the details have been on our What Aircraft? guide since March!

Darren
Does anyone know what the seat width is in the Premium Cabin of the Dreamliner. Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.